It’s Friday again, and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt! It’s the last day of school before March Break today, so that means I’ll be on the job. One of the kids–the high maintenance one–is going to his dad’s though, so it’s holiday time! Or half-holiday time at least. Anyway, on with the prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “ball.” Play with it! Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday plays ball – The Bee Writes…
March 14, 2016 at 2:34 pm
What a great prompt to stumble upon, I often like to write with this kind of freedom but need a start so I shall be checking back on Fridays for inspiration, thank you 🙂
March 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Wonderful – thanks, Ginni! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: The Orb and The Nothing | Riley Central
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Sunday: The wrong stuff, part sixteen… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: SoCS — The ball is in my court? – Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: #SoCS – A Lifetime of Balls | inspiration in progress
Pingback: SoCS/balls/3/12/2016 – Annette's place
Pingback: SoCS – 3/12/16 | Ball | What's Rattling My Cage
March 12, 2016 at 8:02 pm
Here is mine. http://susanscreativewritingandpoetry.com/2016/03/12/dont-drop-ball-socs-mar1216/
Pingback: SOCS – STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS SATURDAY – BALL | teleportingweena
Pingback: #SoCS March 12/16 – On Dropping the Ball | Promptly Written
Pingback: Good Times Had By All, #SoCS | Her Headache
Pingback: The Lies in Your Head | Dreams in Alaska
Pingback: Following Seas
Pingback: Having a Ball – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: Ball ~ Dropped – Word Adventures
Pingback: Two SoCS musings on the prompt, ‘ball’ | Flotsam and Jetsam
Pingback: I Wasn’t Invited to the Ball | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: SoCS – Language and Innuendo | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: Happy Birthday, Murph! #socs | The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday plays ball « Just Fooling Around With Bee
Pingback: SoCS March 12/16 – ball | Freya Writes…
Pingback: #SoCS – Bitch Wanted | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Retirement Ball on the Horizon – Anything is Possible!
Pingback: #SoCS – Ball | Edwina's Episodes
Pingback: The Weekly Re-Motivator: Balls | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Ball | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: SoCS: yet again with the deflated footballs – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: A ball of sadness in me…Streams of Consciousness Saturday. | a cooking pot and twistedtales
Pingback: SOCS – 12/3/16 – BALLS! | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Little Foam Ball | No Facilities
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Ball” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: #SoCS March 12/16 “ball” – ladyleemanila
Pingback: Blow it up | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: A New Chapter | The Hannah Chronicles
March 11, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Good weekend Linda….enjoy the ‘holiday’ break…..
Here are my thoughts:
March 11, 2016 at 5:25 pm
Thanks, Michael. Have an excellent weekend. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCS March 12/16 – ball | Morpethroad