Friday’s here and so am I with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I just realized the next SoCS prompt is going to fall on April Fools Day. Gotta come up with something good. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “the last thing you emptied.” Think of the last thing you emptied or something you empty often and use it as your prompt any way you like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
March 27, 2023 at 11:09 am
You too my friend.
Pingback: Dealing With Chemo – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: Coffee fix, I emptied my coffee mug! #SoCs – Therapy Bits
March 26, 2023 at 10:44 am
That’s an interesting prompt. Happy last week of March! Here’s my link: https://www.quaintrevival.com/how-i-discovered-my-calling-is-not-to-be-a-fashion-blogger/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: How I Discovered My Calling Is Not To Be A Fashion Blogger – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, empty | Darswords
Pingback: The Last Thing I Emptied – Hot Dogs and Marmalade
Pingback: Emptying the Cup – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: SoCS 3-25-23 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Reservoir | revivedwriter
March 25, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Something relevant for all SOCS entrants 🙂 https://inkdrops.blog/2023/03/25/emptying/
March 25, 2023 at 1:45 pm
In response to the stream of consciousness prompt: https://wherestoriescansparktheirmagic.wordpress.com/2023/03/25/the-last-thing-i-emptied-was-my-ink-of-thoughts/
March 29, 2023 at 1:49 pm
Please excuse the comment I left it was in the wrong place by accident I can’t figure out how to delete it sorry.
March 29, 2023 at 4:40 pm
No problem. 🙂 I’ll delete it for you if you want, or I can just leave it there. I don’t mind.
March 29, 2023 at 4:41 pm
No you can delete it, thank you so much, I am so sorry, thank you for understanding.
March 29, 2023 at 6:25 pm
Done. Don’t worry about it. 🙂 ❤
Pingback: The Last Thing I Emptied Was My Ink of Thoughts | Where Stories Can Spark Their Magic
Pingback: Empty #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Motion – Bearing Untold Stories
Pingback: SoCS: 3/25/23: Reaching the Bottom of t Laundry Hamper and Other Natural Highs | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS: emptied – monicle's chronicles
Pingback: Magazines – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
Pingback: Empty [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: Drained my green tea cup – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCs- “empty” – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: SoCS emptied — 3.25.23 – wtf Am I On About Now?
March 25, 2023 at 8:18 am
Happy Saturday all and thanks, Linda, for hosting 💗
March 25, 2023 at 8:09 am
Pingback: Milk – Writer Ravenclaw
Pingback: #SoCS: Empty and Whole | Mary J Melange
Pingback: SoCS — Emptying – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: The Last Thing I Emptied #SoCS 3/25/2023 Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS – Kaye Spencer – "Lasterday Stories"
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 3/25/23 – J-Dub's Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – The Last Thing Emptied | Fiction Favorites
March 25, 2023 at 3:34 am
Don’t know if ping-backs work, and NSFW.
Pingback: SoCS March 25, 2023: My Dirty Laundry: NSFW: Aggressive Narrator/Addict in Recovery – merciful acts in a battle with forces of misery
March 25, 2023 at 2:15 am
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS March 25, 2023 | willowdot21
Pingback: #SoCS Mar. 25, 2023 – Empty | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Ready for Another? – SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Empty/Leer #SoCS
March 24, 2023 at 11:46 am
This should be fun, Linda. Enjoy your weekend!
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 24, 2023 at 2:37 pm
You too, Dan! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person