Hello there! It’s time once again to ask you for prompt words to help us finish off Just Jot it January. This is your chance to inspire other people and have your blog linked back on the day of your prompt.
This is the second of two parts. I’m only asking for 8 prompt words today–if you had your prompt word used in the last two weeks, you don’t qualify for this round. First timers only please!
I need 8 single words to use in the Just Jot It January challenge, for January 20th through to the 29th. I’ll post the prompt for the final day. Read the rules carefully! This is how you can be included:
- The first 8 comments on this post that include a single word will be the prompts for the last two weeks in January that I won’t be writing my own prompts (aka One-Liner Wednesday and Stream of Consciousness Saturday). If you write more than one word in your comment, for example, “My word is antidisestablishmentarianism,” I’ll ignore it. Same thing if you try to slip in two, even in two different comments–I’ll only accept the first. If I get the same word twice, I’ll only accept the first person who got to it. If you’re the second, feel free to try again. And please, remember this is a relatively G-rated blog, so nothing too risque.
- I’ll link back to the blog of whomever gives me a prompt on the day I use it.
- Make sure you get your comment in early. You don’t want to miss out!
- Please don’t bother entering a prompt if your blog is inactive or if it exists only to sell things. If you haven’t posted in over a month and you’re only looking for clicks, your prompt word will be rejected. If, on the other hand, you’re planning to use JusJoJan to inspire you to get back into the swing of things, let me know immediately in a second comment — NOT the one you give your prompt word in. Remember, that’s ONE word only. If I can’t find a reasonable number of posts written in the last month that aren’t trying to sell a product, your prompt word will be rejected.
- I observed a couple of years ago that many of our prompt words were negative in nature. I found they didn’t do as well as the more positive words. I don’t want to limit you, but please keep in mind that if your word is on the sadder or angrier side, your prompt may not get as much participation.
- If you provide a prompt, I encourage you to join in as much as possible throughout the rest of the month.
Please see the “Rules” post for a complete list of the prompt words. I’ll populate it as the words come in, if I’m home. Here’s the link in case you missed it: https://lindaghill.com/2018/12/31/what-is-just-jot-it-january-2019-rules/
Okay. Are you ready? Aaaaand… prompt! One word!
Edit: We have all our prompt words! I’ll turn off the commenting on this post now. Please check the above link for the prompt list. I’ll finish filling it in in a bit. Thanks to all our contributors this year!!