Friday is here again and I’ve officially run out of different ways to say it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Actually, I probably ran out a year ago. 😛 I’ve been gardening for the past week, which is to say I’ve been watering the flowers my best friend, his daughter and granddaughters and my son planted while I was out on Mother’s Day to surprise me. I’m afraid watering is the extent of my gardening ability these days. But they look really lovely! If you can find a connection between that and this week’s prompt, good for you!
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “stick.” Use it as a noun, a verb, or add stuff to it to make it an adverb or an adjective. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!
Pingback: Linda’s Prompts | Don't Curse the Nurse!
Pingback: Sticking to the Plan: The IDIC Romance for SoCS and #STaD | shanjeniah
Pingback: Stick and Stay #SoCS • Eclectic Evelyn
Pingback: SoCS — Sticks and stones | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Stick with the plan Man! | willowdot21
May 16, 2015 at 2:50 pm
I had a lot of fun writing this one! I like when a story shows up like magic! 😀 It’s called “Mowing the Lawn.”
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Mowing the Lawn | Odyssey of a Novice Writer
Pingback: SoCS Meets #frapalymo – Words | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: SoCS: Still on a Blogging Break Of Sorts | Her Headache
Pingback: Sticks and Bones – SoCS May 16/15 | ladyleemanila
Pingback: Harry’s Last Day | Golden Daze
Pingback: Stick with me…an SoCS Prompt | My Leaky Boat
Pingback: Stick This | No Facilities
May 16, 2015 at 9:30 am
I’m without a laptop, due to a careless error of my own. I’m having trouble, so this one is short and I hope you don’t mind me just putting the link to it here. I couldn’t link back.
May 16, 2015 at 10:21 am
No problem at all, my dear. I hope you get things sorted out soon! Take care. 🙂
Pingback: STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS SATURDAY: “stick” | The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: A Sticky Mud-Sucking Adventure | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Flash Fiction – Betrayed | fabricating fiction
Pingback: SoCS: growing up in the sticks – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Stick” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday 16/05/2015 | Keith Kreates
Pingback: The Long Con | Pavorisms
Pingback: Lie to Me | An Armchair Perfectionist
May 15, 2015 at 9:11 pm
Good weekend Linda, here is what I think:
Pingback: SoCS May 16/15 – Stick | Morpethroad
May 15, 2015 at 8:32 am
Nearly all my blog posts are writtn just this way! I dont know how to link this to my blog on my word press app but my next post (I am about to write it while I sit in Burger King) has to do with just that. Stick. Come check me out! (Unfortunately I work on Saturdays but SOC can be anyday!)
What do YOU think?
May 15, 2015 at 8:52 am
Sure! If you can’t make it Saturday, do it Friday. The Sunday links don’t get as much attention.
Is there an issue with copying and pasting on the app?
LikeLiked by 1 person
May 15, 2015 at 9:06 am
No. I am just not familiar with how all the features of the app work.