Hey there! It’s Friday and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Just a quick heads-up this week to let you know our SoCS badge is almost a year old! That means it will soon be time for a new design. I’ll write a post with more of the details for our annual design contest next week. In the meantime, here’s your prompt for tomorrow:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “art.” Write a post regarding “art,” be it an object or a name. Note: I’m not asking you to draw something, but if you’d like to, we’d love to see that too! Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: The art of making a cup of tea ~ a #SoCS post – The Bee Writes…
Pingback: Lessons Learned from Grandma Pat | Felicity Johns
July 31, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Jumping in on Sunday. Thanks for the prompt! (I combined several prompts from various sites to come up with this one.)
Losing Sleeple for the People
Pingback: Art ~ Image ~ LOVE (#SoCS) | LINES of SHADEAU
July 31, 2016 at 10:44 am
I know it’s Sunday, not Saturday or Wednesday, but I couldn’t resist.
Pingback: SoCSunday one-liner | adarkenedhouse
July 31, 2016 at 6:38 am
Thanks as always https://daisywillows.wordpress.com/2016/07/31/tarte-tatin-is-art/ 🙂 happy Sunday!
Pingback: Tarte tatin is Art | Daisy in the Willows
Pingback: Suicide and the Artful Mastery of Self-Deceit – Stream of consciousness Saturday. | a cooking pot and twistedtales
Pingback: SoCS — I dunno…is it art ? | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: #SoCS – The Artful Dodger | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: SoCS/art/7/30/2016 | Annette's place
Pingback: SoCs — Arts | joeyfullystated
July 30, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Hey: my pingback is just Phylor’s Blog — forgot to transfer the title, so now the ping back is: https://phylor.wordpress.com/2016/07/30/12506/ which is SoCS: art should amaze and surprise.
Great prompt Linda — I even told a true story!!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Art ~ Memories? – Word Adventures
July 30, 2016 at 5:21 pm
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #SoCS July 30/16 – Art | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Phylor's Blog
Pingback: Art of the Deal or Racketeer | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Character Art – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: A Couple Lines on Why I Like The Horror Film ‘Tusk’ – Damien at the Speed of Life WP
Pingback: SoCS – Art flows through our blood | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: SoCS – pencils, paintbrushes, and the power of art | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Art | fallonbrownwrites
July 30, 2016 at 9:25 am
Here’s mine: http://waffle-with-wendy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/socs-30716-art.html
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Art – # SoCS July 30/16 | Freya Writes…
Pingback: ART Acrostic | Anything is Possible!
July 30, 2016 at 9:02 am
We have a new participant! Be sure to check out her post! 😀 https://learningtolivelikewaterblog.com/2016/07/30/stream-of-consciousness-saturday-art/
LikeLiked by 2 people
Pingback: Street Art | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: The Weekly Re-Motivator: Art Harder | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: SoCS: art, poetry, and 30/30 – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Art The Bunny #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: The art of making a cup of tea ~ a #SoCS post « Just Fooling Around With Bee or The Bee Writes...
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – “ART” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Stream of consciousness - Art - Edwina's Episodes
Pingback: #SoCS July 30/16 – Tiny Ripples | Promptly Written
Pingback: art is relative (tanka) – Tournesol dans un Jardin
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Art | willowdot21