It’s Friday! Which means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. It’s a special day here at SoCS since we have a brand new badge. I’m sure we’ll all be happy to “wear” it on our weekly posts! Speaking of weekly posts, here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “cash.” Use it in your post as a noun or a verb… or a name! Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our new SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: SOCS Writing Challenge – 8/13/16: Cash – The Happy Wordcrafter
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Sunday: The wrong stuff, part thirty five… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: What The Word ‘cash’ Makes Me Think of #SoCS – Damien at the Speed of Life WP
Pingback: Reach – #SoCS and The Daily Post | inspiration in progress
Pingback: #SoCS – What I’d Do For Some Cash | Linda G. Hill
August 13, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Pingback: Cachet | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Cash – Fleeting Muse
Pingback: Show Me The Money… Stream of Consciousness Saturday – bookyglover
August 13, 2016 at 1:33 pm
I love your header photo on this site. Beautiful!
I see this challenge come up in my Reader where others are taking part, but I never have participated yet. Just a little to busy with other projects. It looks like fun, though, so I’m going to jump in this week — I think.
August 13, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Thank you, Sandra. 🙂 Glad you like my roses! They were a birthday gift.
I look forward to your post! 😀
Pingback: Cash and Serendipity #SoCS #FlashFiction | Rereading Jane Eyre
Pingback: SoCS — Pay Your Way | joeyfullystated
Pingback: Got Some Cash? – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: CASHING IN – #SOCS – 8/13/16 – CASH | teleportingweena
Pingback: The Weekly Re-Motivator: Right Place, Right Time | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: Cash vs. Bakery | sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Cash – #SoCS Aug 13/16 | Freya Writes…
Pingback: SoCS – Cashing in the Gold (or Not) | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: SoCS – plastic vs. Benjamins | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: SoCS/cash/8/13/2016 | Annette's place
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Cash | fallonbrownwrites
August 13, 2016 at 6:07 am
Love the new badge; folks might not love the language of my #SoCS — don’t blame me — it’s the f’ing (flunking?) weather.
Pingback: Same Price Cash or Credit | No Facilities
Pingback: Johnny-Sue-Cash-Cow Milker (Warning PG++ language) | adarkenedhouse
Pingback: Remembering Aunt Cash #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Cash” | Fiction Favorites
August 13, 2016 at 4:17 am
Loving the new badge 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCS – Cash | Ginni bites!
Pingback: #SoCS has cash « Just Fooling Around With Bee or The Bee Writes...
Pingback: Secret Magic Words | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: #SoCS August 13/16 – Cash | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Give it to me! | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness: Cash - Edwina's Episodes
August 12, 2016 at 9:49 pm
Enjoy your weekend Linda
August 12, 2016 at 10:18 pm
You too, Michael! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCS August 13/16 – cash | Morpethroad