Hey, it’s Friday! That means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. It’s hard to believe summer is almost finished, isn’t it? Where the heck did it go? On that note (kind of), here is your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “date.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our new SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Dating on Maui? Stream of Consciousness Saturday Post | Positive Consciousness
August 21, 2016 at 2:09 pm
Finally got around to it. : ) I’m enjoying this bloghop when I get a chance to do it. Thanks for helping me write more. http://www.mauijungalow.com/2016/08/dating-on-maui-stream-of-consciousness.html
August 21, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Thanks for joining in! I’m glad you enjoyed it. 🙂
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Sunday: A novel idea… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
August 21, 2016 at 8:10 am
Pingback: #SoCS – Shine | inspiration in progress
Pingback: #SoCS – Date | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Stream of Conciousness Saturday – SOCS – DATE | teleportingweena
Pingback: It’s A Date – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: Better Late Than Never | Gallimaufry
August 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Here’s mine http://wp.me/p4DMGO-Lj
August 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm
https://daisyinthewillows.wordpress.com/2016/08/20/out-dated/ here is mine- a bit different than from my usual stuff. xxx
Pingback: Out Dated. | Daisy in the Willows
Pingback: Stop all the clocks – Little steps to Somewhere
Pingback: SoCS/date/8/20/2016 | Annette's place
Pingback: The Hunger #SOCS | Eclectic Evelyn
Pingback: The Weekly Re-Motivator: Expiration Date | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: Reviewing “Bad Moms” #SoCS #FilmReview #Review | Her Headache
Pingback: The Sex Life Of The Date | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: First Date | A Texan's View of Upstate New York
August 20, 2016 at 11:30 am
Linda, I have said it once and I repeat it again. You are telepathic 🙂 Have a great weekend.
LikeLiked by 1 person
August 20, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Haha! Thanks for sending me all the good ideas for prompts! 😉
You too, Jacqueline. 😀
LikeLiked by 2 people
Pingback: SoCS — Best Joke Ever | joeyfullystated
Pingback: Sweet Dates…Stream of Consciousness Saturday. | a cooking pot and twistedtales
Pingback: SoCS: three dates – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Stream Of Consciouness Saturday | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS – so I’m not a numbers girl | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: SoCS prompt; date | sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: The Missed Date~ #SOCS | Southern By Design
Pingback: Save the Date | Felicity Johns
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: ‘Date’ | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: SoCS: dates: truly bittersweet – Phylor's Blog
Pingback: Remember The Dates, If You Want To #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – “Date” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: #SoCS has a silly date « Just Fooling Around With Bee or The Bee Writes...
Pingback: First Date: 1971 | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: The weekly update | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: #SoCS Aug. 20/16 – Date | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: #SoCS Aug. 20/16 “date” – ladyleemanila
August 19, 2016 at 9:14 pm
Hi Linda, enjoy your weekend
August 20, 2016 at 9:46 am
Thank you, Michael. 🙂 You too!
Pingback: SoCS Aug. 20/16 – date | Morpethroad