It’s Friday today, and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I don’t know about anyone else, but this whole “the weather’s too rotten outside to go anywhere” thing is starting to make me feel a little rebellious. Who says I can’t go out, anyway?! Since I’m tired of being told what to do by the air outside, I’m leaving the prompt this week open a bit. Here it is:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “how.” Start your post with the word “How.” Bonus points if you end with it too. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Thursday’s photographs & memories – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: SoCS Feb 25/17 – WTF? Just SoCS
February 27, 2017 at 3:03 pm
Thanks for the prompt. Used it here:
Tax Against the Wall. All present and accounted for? Maybe.
February 27, 2017 at 9:01 am
I started my latest Moonrise chapter with “How:” http://wp.me/p4le2s-1NS
Pingback: Moonrise CH42 – No Guts, No Glory | Article 94
Pingback: A memory – Art and Life
Pingback: Daily moments – tower of Babel – haiku – Feb 26 2017 – Tournesol dans un jardin
Pingback: How do they cope? – Traces of the Soul
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Sunday: The Accumulator, part twenty four… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
February 26, 2017 at 8:22 am
Hello again Linda and all y’all… I haven’t participated in a few months, as I’ve been on a hiatus from blogging, but I’m back and glad to offer this week a kind of catch-up on what’s going on in my life. Cheers!
Pingback: What the how? Why not #SOCS ? | Wind Eggs
Pingback: Stream of Conscience Saturday–How | Darswords
Pingback: How To Avoid An Obsession | HIP TO BE SNARK
February 26, 2017 at 12:22 am
I invite you all to give mine a read 🙂
Pingback: #SoCS – Compassion | Linda G. Hill
February 25, 2017 at 11:33 pm
My slightly naughty contribution…ask me how much fun this was too write! =D
Pingback: How Do We Explain This? | a cooking pot and twisted tales
February 25, 2017 at 6:42 pm
#SoCS – How
Pingback: How About It? – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: SoCS: How? – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: How Do You Solve a Problem? | Manee Trautz
Pingback: How Now, Brown Cow? #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
February 25, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Hi Linda, I managed to start and finish with How today! Thanks for the prompt 🙂
Pingback: #SOCS How do I Love my dreams? | Rereading Jane Eyre
Pingback: HOWL – for SOCS – HOW | teleportingweena
February 25, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Pingback: Radical Tenderness, #Compassion #1000Speak | Her Headache
Pingback: SoCS –And How! | joeyfullystated
Pingback: No? | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: SoCS; How….? | sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: How To Learn a New Skill | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “How” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: This Complicated Thing Called Life | Southern By Design
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “How” | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: SoCS – the 5 Ws and a How | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: SoCS Feb 25/17 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: SoCS: How did this start? | Ginni bites!
Pingback: How? A Mother’s Tale. | fabricating fiction
February 25, 2017 at 2:34 am
Good morning! here we go with my entry Linda. Enjoy!
Pingback: #SoCS Feb. 25/17 – How | pensitivity101
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday. How | willowdot21
Pingback: Howl – Leaking Ink
Pingback: #SoCS – 02/25/2017 | Rosemary Carlson, Freelance Writer
Pingback: #SoCS Feb. 25/17 – How | But I Smile Anyway...
February 24, 2017 at 11:13 pm
Cant wait for tomorrow!!! I’m excited
Pingback: Satiating Saturdays – Challenge Yourself ✨ – Emotions That Matter.
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: How – Image & Word
February 24, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.