Is it still Friday? Yes, I think it is, and that means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Well, it doesn’t happen often, but I think I’m sick. Or it could be allergies. Either way, I’m sneezing up a storm. I’ll try not to pass it on if it’s a virus. Haha.
Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “march.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: SoCS: March | Capt Jills Journeys
Pingback: SoCS: March | Captain Jills Journeys
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Sunday: Mum’s the word… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: Marching on | My journey to a butterfly
March 25, 2017 at 11:19 pm
Check out a great SoCS poem by P.T. Stephens here: https://ptstephens.com/2017/03/26/misnomer-march-madness/
Pingback: #SoCS – Marching | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Lamb vs Lion, #SoCS | Her Headache
Pingback: SoCS: March | Ginni bites!
Pingback: Drums and Beats | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday–March | Darswords
Pingback: A Different Drum – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: “march”, the Prompt for SoCS Mar. 25/17 – Mick E Talbot Poems
Pingback: Last weekend in March – Traces of the Soul
Pingback: #SoCS – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: March Marches On | Ellenbest24
Pingback: SoCS: March On! – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SoCS – A Day in History – Rebekah Korn
Pingback: SoCS — March | joeyfullystated
March 25, 2017 at 11:49 am
I hope you feel better soon. With Spring around the bend a lot of sneezing and cough follows it – pollen dust and all what not.
March 25, 2017 at 11:44 am
I think I stuck my post in the wrong prompt 😉
Pingback: March Along… #SoCS | a cooking pot and twisted tales
Pingback: It’s My Birthday And I’ll Cry If I Want To #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: March, March, Left and Right – Ann WJ White
Pingback: #SoCS March
Pingback: SOCS – STREAM of CONSCIOUSNESS SATURDAY – MARCH | teleportingweena
Pingback: Marching Triumphant | sixty, single and surviving
March 25, 2017 at 8:00 am
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “March” | fallonbrownwrites
March 25, 2017 at 6:44 am
March 25, 2017 at 6:43 am
Time Marches on, have a good weekend Linda 💜❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday. March. | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS – m.a.r.c.h. | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt March. | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Of little girls and big little girls – Leaking Ink
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: March – Image & Word
March 25, 2017 at 1:47 am
Oh, I hope you are soon feeling better, Linda. 💖
Pingback: #SoCS Mar. 25/17 – March | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Marching Through the Years: Drill Team, Animal Rights, and Grandmothers For Peace | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: The Full Worm Moon | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
March 24, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Happy Saturday everyone. I invite you all to read my post here 🙂
Pingback: Satiating Saturdays – Be Your Sunshine ✨ – Emotions That Matter.
March 24, 2017 at 9:02 pm
Thanks for the opportunity to let off some steam Linda. Here’s the link to my post https://artalsolife.com/2017/03/25/march-and-me/
March 24, 2017 at 9:03 pm
Glad to help, Suzanne. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: March and Me – Art and Life
Pingback: SoCS Mar 25/17 – wtf Am I On About Now?