Gah! I’m late again. But it’s still Friday, and that means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. It’s been a busy week for me, editing, proofreading, and finishing up yet another course. I’ve been totally immersed. So guess what? Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “language.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: The Retail Struggle And Language Barriers – Shop Girl Anonymous
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Sunday: The Accumulator, part thirty four… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: Tongue Tied #Language #SoCS | Her Headache
Pingback: WHAT DID YOU SAY? for Stream of Consciousness Saturday – SOCS – Language | teleportingweena
Pingback: Faking It | Accidentally Inspired
May 13, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Hi everyone I am late to the party again sorry.
Pingback: SoCS – Speaking different languages | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
May 13, 2017 at 11:29 am
I don’t know why my pingbacks don’t show…. but I posted: https://zenkatwrites.com/2017/05/13/socs-language/
Pingback: SOCS – May-13/17 – Mick E Talbot Poems
Pingback: #SoCS – Language | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: ‘TWEEN GOD AND ME – language | Sweet aroma
Pingback: Speak My Language | sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Speaking The Language | Southern By Design
Pingback: SoCS: poetic language – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SOCS/Story a Day: Day 13 – “Language” | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: The influence of Language | Diary of an Adventurous Retiree
Pingback: Thoughts on language #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Daily Moments – May 13, 2017 – Mother’s Day (haibun) – Tournesol dans un jardin
May 13, 2017 at 6:31 am
Have a great weekend.
Pingback: #SoCS May 13/17 – Language | pensitivity101
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Language | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Speaking with Proficiency | a cooking pot and twisted tales
Pingback: SoCS May 13/17 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: SoCS – it’s all greek to me | Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Lost in translation – Leaking Ink
Pingback: We tend to smile in the exact same language – Ladyleemanila
Pingback: #SoCS May 13/17 – Language | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Animal Communication: Language Beyond Words | Anything is Possible!
May 12, 2017 at 11:56 pm
Pingback: Communication – Reena Saxena
May 12, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Here we go: https://article94.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/scandalous-contradiction/
Pingback: Scandalous Contradiction | Article 94
Pingback: The language you don’t speak | Chasing Life and Finding Dreams