It’s Friday! Another week closer to December(!), and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. We’re getting some crazy weather here. Like, January weather. How is it where you are? Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “dream.” Use it as a noun or a verb; use any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful new SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: “Dream Come True” ©J.E.Goldie Stream Of Consciousness Saturday Nov. 16 2019 |
November 17, 2019 at 10:52 pm
I am a first time participant. Here’s my contribution: http://amoralegria.com/2019/11/17/socs-dream-is-the-stuff-of-songs-snow/
Pingback: SoCS: Dream Is the Stuff of Songs & Snow – Wanderlust and Wonderment
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Dream, November 16, 2019 – Beautiful Photographs
November 17, 2019 at 10:21 am
Hmm, I’m confused. I see only one pingback and a few comments, even though it’s said your post has 57 comments.
November 17, 2019 at 12:20 pm
There are two pages of comments. You should be able to find “Older Comments” below the last one and an arrow pointing left.
LikeLiked by 1 person
November 17, 2019 at 9:18 am
I can’t find my comment and entry
November 17, 2019 at 9:37 am
I’ll have a look in spam. Thanks for letting me know, Daniel. 🙂
November 17, 2019 at 9:44 am
Found it! It’s there now. Thanks for joining in, Daniel. 🙂
Pingback: When Dreams Come True – Ruth Blogs Here