Guess what? It’s Friday! And that means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I’ll be sure the prompt word lines up with the A to Z Challenge every week in April, so if you want to do a two-in-one, this is the place to be. Here’s your SoCS prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “joint.” Use it as a noun, an adjective, or a verb–use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: #SoCS A Joint Adventure | Fill-in-the-blank-ness...
April 12, 2020 at 12:28 pm
An interesting prompt. Took me back to the old days 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
April 12, 2020 at 10:20 am
Linda – thank you for sharing your perspectives, your post brought me feelings of peace today, thank you. I hope you’re finding peace today and that you’re well and staying safe.
April 12, 2020 at 4:07 pm
Thanks so much, Shelley. ❤ Stay safe!
LikeLiked by 1 person
April 13, 2020 at 8:14 am
You’re welcome – ditto to you!!
Pingback: Lockdown Day 16 Out of Joint | Coffee in the Rain