It’s Friday again. How many Fridays have we had this year so far? A hundred or so? Anyway, I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Aaaand … drumroll … Here it is:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “medium.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: My 62nd SOCS Entry: Medium Words | queennandini
Pingback: Controversial Stream of Consciousness – I Believe, BECAUSE –
Pingback: SoCS – Medium – Goin' the Extra..aaamile
October 11, 2020 at 10:15 am
Pingback: It’s not even Halloween and I was scared to death – Quaint Revival
Pingback: SOCS-Medium – It's me 4 u!
Pingback: #SoCS – Medium |
October 10, 2020 at 11:22 pm
October 10, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Pingback: #SOC Saturday | lyncrain
October 10, 2020 at 7:08 pm
Pingback: FTWT – A Voice – Very Important Stuff Here
Pingback: The Medium – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
October 10, 2020 at 4:31 pm
[…] The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Oct. 10/2020 […]
October 10, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Pingback: (Un)Happy Medium | revivedwriter
Pingback: H I J K L M? – Live Love Laugh Learn
October 10, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Here’s my link
Pingback: #SoCS Oct. 10/2020 – Mukhamani
Pingback: SoCS – October 10th – Medium – jaquintinwriter
Pingback: Fair to Midland – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Would you do this? #Socs – Therapy Bits
Pingback: #214. MY DADA AND I – My Musings
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- Medium – Keep it alive
Pingback: Just Right – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: SoCS — Medium Rare – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Integrating Shadows – Family Matters
Pingback: Striking… | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS: An Acceptable Medium | Mary J Melange
Pingback: #SoCS for 10/10/20 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Unseen World – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: SoCS – Medium – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Back to (this) Normal – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS 10-10-20 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Edgar Cayce Was Not A Medium, He Was An Extra Large #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: No medium required – Leaking Ink
Pingback: SoCS – Middle Age PMS Beer Belly fit and other fun sizes – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: SoCS – Medium – From Cave Walls
Pingback: SoCS: The Medium is the Message from Journalism, to Psychics, SciFi, and Faith | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Oct. 10/2020 | willowdot21
Pingback: If You Could Read My Mind | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
October 9, 2020 at 10:14 am
Thanks, Linda, this one shouldn’t be too hard! 😉
LikeLiked by 2 people