It’s Friday! And I’m slightly late with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Deep freeze time in southern Ontario. Hope you’re staying warm! Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “above/below.” Use one, use both, use ’em however they inspire you. Bonus points if you use them both. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: #SoCS – Above and beyond |
Pingback: Truth and Consequence – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: #SoCS Feb. 13, 2021 – Mukhamani
February 13, 2021 at 11:56 pm
Pingback: Blue | MY ENDURING BONES
Pingback: Remember – The Loa Song | Mystical Strings
Pingback: SoCS above/below — 2.13.21 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Above & Below – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Feb. 13, 2021 – Tessa Dean – Author
Pingback: Inspiration | revivedwriter
February 13, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Feb. 13, 2021 ©J.E.Goldie |
Pingback: Catharsis - Poetry For Healing
Pingback: kEEPING WARM – Humble, but Humorous
Pingback: Can You Tell Me How To Get… #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Above, Below, All around. | Coffee in the Rain
February 13, 2021 at 12:28 pm
Here’s my Saturday contribution! https://sparksfromacombustiblemind.com/2021/02/13/socs-on-time/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCS On Time | sparksfromacombustiblemind
Pingback: I’m Tuning Up – Family Matters
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Feb. 13, 2021 | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS: down there – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS – My Covid Vaccine – From Cave Walls
February 13, 2021 at 9:39 am
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Above/Below – Sillyfrog's Blog
Pingback: SoCS~”above/below” – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: Somewhere Below the Ocean – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- February 13 2021 – Keep it alive
February 13, 2021 at 8:52 am
Pingback @ https://indishe.wordpress.com/2021/02/13/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-feb-13-2021/
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Feb. 13, 2021 – theindieshe
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 2/13/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
February 13, 2021 at 8:12 am
Pingback: both/and – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: SoCS/Opposing Forces – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Above and Below What’s Lost | Mary J Melange
February 13, 2021 at 6:05 am
Here’s mine Linda
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Feb. 13, 2021 | pensitivity101
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – prompt – Above/Below | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Welcome to the Palace – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Shadow Work – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: SoCS – Above/Below – The Bag Lady
Pingback: SoCS – it’s a twelve degree comfort zone – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: SoCS: Way Down Below the Ocean | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: #SoCS Feb. 13, 2021 Above/Below | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Taking The High Road | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush