Friday is here and so is your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Seems like spring has arrived, and with it the rain. How’s your weather? Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “mash.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
April 21, 2021 at 7:24 pm
April 18, 2021 at 1:50 pm
I often hear the song, “Monster Mash” in my head, while I’m hand mashing potatoes and wondering, will anyone care if there are lumps in them, or love the lumps, because then, they know “real mashed potatoes’ and not instant ones – and feel blessed by the labor of love put into the meal they have been served.
Pingback: Mish-Mashing My Way to the Beach – Quaint Revival
Pingback: SoCS – Mash – April 17 – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: A to Z Challenge, O/Stream of Consciousness, Mash | Darswords
Pingback: “O” is for “Orange” – J.E.M. Wildfire
Pingback: What Are You Choosing to Think? – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Mash. (stream of consciousness Saturday) – A Work Of Art.
Pingback: #SoCS: Stream of Consciousness helped me write a moon poem | Experience Writing
Pingback: Brak, Dee Dee, and Adam #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
April 17, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Mash – Fallon Brown
Pingback: #NaPoWriMo 2021#The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS April 17,2021 – theindieshe
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS April 17, 2021 | willowdot21
Pingback: seduction – Tina Stewart Brakebill
Pingback: MASH Theme – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCs-04-17-21 | Words On A Page
Pingback: SoCS 4-17-2021 | sparksfromacombustiblemind
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- Mash – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCS – Mash-Up – From Cave Walls
Pingback: SoCS — M is for Mash – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 4/17/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Mash | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: The Shape of Things – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS + A2Z 4-17-21 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Memory Mash | MY ENDURING BONES
Pingback: SoCS – yes, there’s a science to it – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: #SoCS April 17, 2021 – Mash | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Mash Up | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
April 16, 2021 at 2:55 pm
scheduled for tomorrow Linda.
Hope Alex is improving.
April 16, 2021 at 10:19 am
Oh, I got this one 🙂
April 16, 2021 at 9:50 am
I hope Alex has improved now that he is home, Linda. Keeping you both in my thoughts.
LikeLiked by 1 person