Hi there! It’s Friday, and time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. We’re getting some badly needed rain at the moment. It’s been crazy-dry here. Anyway, here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “collect.” Use the word “collect” any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: #SoCS May 29, 2021 – Mukhamani
Pingback: Collecting My Empty Nester Thoughts – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Unique Collection – Word Adventures
May 30, 2021 at 12:47 am
Pingback: SoCS May 29 – Collect – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Collect | Darswords
May 29, 2021 at 8:08 pm
May 29, 2021 at 8:09 pm
SORRY, accidentally pasted my link here!
May 29, 2021 at 9:43 pm
That’s okay. Lots of people do it. 🙂
Pingback: Allow Me to Collect Myself SoCS
Pingback: Collections | revivedwriter
Pingback: Thinking Scared – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: “Collect” – Stream of Consciousness Saturday May 29, 2021 | SC Blog
Pingback: Past years – YUMI DI'S BLOG
May 29, 2021 at 1:19 pm
Pingback: Dust Collects Everywhere | Coffee in the Rain
Pingback: SoCS — The Beatdown – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: SoCS: Calling Collect, Sea Shells, and Spirals | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Antisocial Media [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS: collect – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS: collection – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: A Recollect from Bertolt Brecht | Ella Craig
May 29, 2021 at 10:07 am
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS May 29, 2021 | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS Saturday 5/29/21 – Sillyfrog's Blog
Pingback: Pay the Piper – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCS collect — 5.29.21 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Collect and Sort – Leaking Ink
Pingback: SoCS – A Menagerie of Thoughts
Pingback: Dream Gift – Family Matters
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 5/29/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Thanks to the Writers – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Thoughts Collected #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Shaking The Family Tree | MY ENDURING BONES
Pingback: Collections | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
May 28, 2021 at 7:02 pm
“Let me collect my thoughts and I’ll get back to you….” LOL
LikeLiked by 1 person
May 29, 2021 at 9:45 pm
By all means. 😉 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS May 29, 2021 – Tessa Dean – Author
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS May 29, 2021 – theindieshe