It’s the first Friday in June! And the first June ’21 Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. After some decent spring weather we’re back to summer again. I wish the seasons would make up their minds. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “yarn.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS June 5, 2021 – Aliexpress Shopping
Pingback: Celeste Post-Apocalyptia pt 6 Pandemic #2 – What if We all Cared?
Pingback: Sheep to Yarn. Stream of Consciousness Saturday. June 5, 2021. | SC Blog
Pingback: Learning – Word Adventures
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Yarn. On Sunday! | willowdot21
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Weave a Word | Ella Craig
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS June 5, 2021 – theindieshe
Pingback: How I Yarns a Blog Post – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Yarn | Darswords
Pingback: Safe to open up? | Transition of Thoughts
Pingback: June is Just So… | Janet's Smiles
Pingback: The Yarn Fought Back- Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: The Whales Grew Feet – Cynthia Praski
Pingback: Of Yarn And Cats #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Spinning a Yarn – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Yarn | teleportingweena
Pingback: SoCS: It’s Never Too Late to Have a Happy Childhood, featuring Raggedy Ann, Flo and Eddie | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Beyond Illusions – Family Matters
Pingback: SoCS – Spin Me a Yarn
Pingback: Darn Yarn – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- Yarn – Keep it alive
Pingback: The threads of my yarns – Leaking Ink
Pingback: SoCS: yarn – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS: yarn bombing – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SoCS — Water, Water Everywhere – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: SoCS Saturday 6-5-2021 | sparksfromacombustiblemind
Pingback: A Frayed Knot [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS: A Yarn Too Far | Mary J Melange
Pingback: Fictional Fabric – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 6/5/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Yarn | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: A Medley for MuMu – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS 6-5-21 Yarn – The Bag Lady
Pingback: SoCS – knitting didn’t turn out to be the zen people promised – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: SoCS yarn — 6.5.21 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Spin A Yarn | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS June 5, 2021 – Tessa Dean – Author
Pingback: #SoCs – Yarn! – Therapy Bits