Hey! I’m here on this hot and sticky Friday the 13th with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Bit of SoCS trivia for you–I have a Word document with a list of all the prompts I’ve used that’s now 13 pages long! Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “luck.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: SoCS: August 14th 2021 – jaquintinwriter
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Aug. 14, 2021 - VINCENT ELECTRICAL SERVICES
August 16, 2021 at 2:53 am
Pingback: A Wee Bit of Luck – Stream of Consciousness Saturday Twofer
Pingback: SoCS – Lucky or Unlucky? – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
August 15, 2021 at 11:04 am
Congratulations! 13 pages on the 13th! Thank you for your loyalty to the SoCS!!! You’re the best. Stay cool!
Pingback: Garden mayhem turns into a delightful rescue – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Luck | Darswords
August 14, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Losing, nope, lost my religion, my humor, my patience this past week – BUT WAIT! It’s Friday the 13th! I’m FEELING LUCKY! And now waiting for Saturday night drawing to see if I was REALLY lucky. LOL
August 14, 2021 at 9:42 pm
Pingback: A Lucky Stream of Consciousness | Experience Writing
Pingback: Bad and Good Luck | revivedwriter
Pingback: #SoCs-Luck – Therapy Bits
August 14, 2021 at 4:52 pm
Here’s mine: a little story for you
Pingback: Are you feeling Lucky? SoCS 14th August | pensitivity101
August 14, 2021 at 2:52 pm
Here’s my contribution: https://sparksfromacombustiblemind.com/2021/08/14/socs-lucky/
Pingback: SoCS – Lucky …? | sparksfromacombustiblemind
August 14, 2021 at 1:11 pm
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Aug. 14, 2021 – Tessa Dean – Author
Pingback: #SoCS Aug. 14, 2021 – Luck | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Luck – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
Pingback: May Your Horseshoe Hold Much – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: #SoCS Aug. 14, 2021 – Mukhamani
Pingback: SoCS: lucky – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: A Fish – Tina Stewart Brakebill
Pingback: SoCS — Luck – This, That, and The Other
August 14, 2021 at 10:06 am
Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.
Pingback: SoCS: A Lucky Pig’s Lullaby and Angel Clouds in the Sky | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS – Just My Luck
August 14, 2021 at 9:34 am
Hi everybody, here is my contribution: https://thebeewrites.com/2021/08/14/egypt/
If you are not a reader yet, please, feel free to apply as my blog is private. 🤗
Pingback: Luck Ain’t Got a Thing to Do With It – defying atrophy
Pingback: Do You Feel Lucky Punk? – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCS: luck – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- Luck – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCS~ “Lucky” – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: Miz Quickly’s 14 August – Plumb-Lines
Pingback: Gracie’s Gamble [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: #SoCS: Luck be a Whiner at Home | Mary J Melange
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 8/14/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Luck | Fiction Favorites
August 14, 2021 at 4:57 am
That’s a lot of prompts Linda 💜
August 14, 2021 at 9:12 am
Right? It’s been more than seven years, so we’re getting close to 400 weeks’ worth!
August 14, 2021 at 11:07 am
That’s an amazing achievement especially for you 💜
Pingback: Cheryl’s Dream Team – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Socs- ‘Luck’ – It's me 4 u!
Pingback: Luck Favors The Well-Prepared #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: #SoCS Aug. 14, 2021 – “luck” – Ladyleemanila
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Aug. 14, 2021 | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS – my own sort of luck – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: socs: nonsensicalism – Lorraine's frilly freudian slip
Pingback: Weekend Coffee Share#32 and #SOCS -Do You Feel Lucky? | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
August 13, 2021 at 2:56 pm
I could use some – oh, I need more than that for a blog post. I’ll see yo tomorrow, Linda. Stay cool.
LikeLiked by 1 person
August 14, 2021 at 9:12 am
Tell me about it! Haha! You too, Dan. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
August 14, 2021 at 12:39 pm