Friday is here, but Linda is not. This is Dan (from No Facilities). In preparation for visiting with David, Cheryl, and me at the bar tomorrow, she’s entrusted me with the task of providing you with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Yeah, I don’t know what she was thinking either, but here you go:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “inspire/aspire/expire.” Use them in any form you like. Use one, use two or use them all if you want. If you use two, you get bonus points! If you use all three, Cheryl will put your next drink on David’s tab. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Back to Basic – Cynthia Praski
Pingback: We Loosened It – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: socs on so[u]m: Mr. X’s neighbourhood – Lorraine's frilly freudian slip
October 3, 2021 at 3:18 pm
I accidentally linked to Dan’s blog instead of yours, Linda! Sorry to be late for the party. Thank you so much for all you do to keep this blogging community happy and playing with your clever prompts! https://www.quaintrevival.com/our-best-anniversary-no-pants-story-ever-told/
LikeLiked by 1 person
October 3, 2021 at 12:56 pm
Pingback @ https://indishe.wordpress.com/2021/10/03/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-october-1-2021/
Pingback: [ shadow box ] – Midnight's Letters
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS October 1, 2021 – theindieshe