Hello, Friday! And hello, you! I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I had to scrape frost off the car windows for the last two days. And so it begins. Here’s your prompt for this week (it’s an oldie, but a goodie):
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “close eyes and point.” Grab the closest printed material to you when you sit down to write your post, open it up (if it’s a book, flyer, etc.), close your eyes, and point. Whatever your finger lands on, use that as your prompt. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
November 8, 2021 at 7:56 am
Yazılarımı keşfete çıkarmak için ne yapmak lazım
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Slugabed | Ella Craig
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 6, 2021 – theindieshe
Pingback: Close My Eyes and…. | revivedwriter
November 6, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Pingback: SoCS 11-6-21 The Gift | Words On A Page
November 6, 2021 at 7:38 pm
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Close eyes | Darswords
Pingback: It’s How You Put The Words Together | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
November 6, 2021 at 4:03 pm
Pingback: Coffee Time – Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Point & Write | teleportingweena
Pingback: Protest – E.M.’s Stream of Consciousness 11/6/2021 | The Ramblings of E.M. Kingston
Pingback: A Diagnosis is Not a Label – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: Stream of Conscientiousness Saturday 11/6/2021 | Marla's World
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 6, 2021 | willowdot21
Pingback: For Your Approval – A Unique Title For Me
November 6, 2021 at 11:16 am
Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.
November 6, 2021 at 10:46 am
Pingback: Stream of Randomness Saturday and Weekly Review (06 Nov 2021) – Love.Inspire.Learn.
Pingback: SoCS: what’s in a name? – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS — Close Eyes and Point – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: SoCS – Trying – Keep it alive
Pingback: Bent Toward Light – Family Matters
Pingback: SoCS: Gratitude and Angel Art | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS 11-6-2021 | sparksfromacombustiblemind
Pingback: Primary [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 11/6/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Don’t Let Your Happiness Be a Gamble – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt Finger Point | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Wet Week – No Rain – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS close eyes and point — 11.6.21 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Reelin’ In The Years #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SoCS – 11-6-21 – Brevee – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Just close your eyes and point, or in my case cheat #SoCs – Therapy Bits
November 5, 2021 at 2:13 pm
Oh, this is gonna challenge me, since I cant see print, can I choose a word that someone says to me? X
LikeLiked by 1 person
November 5, 2021 at 9:36 am
This is going to be a challenge, Linda (I know, you like it when that happens). I hope you’ve had a good week. See you here tomorrow.
LikeLiked by 2 people