It’s the first Friday of December! Woohoo! And I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. With COVID cases on the rise, I doubt I’ll be going to the mall again this year. Good excuse to shop in the smaller local stores! Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “rev.” Use “rev” or find a word that contains it. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Faith #Lanturne – Literature World
Pingback: deck us all with boston charlie – Lorraine's frilly freudian slip
December 5, 2021 at 2:10 pm
I get revved up, all the time – I sometimes hear “Start your engines” or the bugle sounding the “Call to Battle”. The chords and lyrics of or drum beat of “The music I must sing or dance to – NOW! ” and sometimes? I am called to sit as still as a Rev., during dawn meditation and prayer time’ – thus, to me, rev, in all it’s forms, fashions and admonitions, has become all one in the same and a reasonable word, for me, to include on my short list of ‘life mottos’ – – LOL
Pingback: Yep, I’m Reviving My Dubious Minimalism – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Review… Who Knew…? – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: First Lines Fridays #3 – Culture Shocks
Pingback: Make-up – Stream of Consciousness Saturday ‘rev’ | teleportingweena
Pingback: When Home Fades Away Like Melting Snow | Marla's World
December 4, 2021 at 4:16 pm
My attempt – https://inkdrops.blog/2021/12/04/reveal/
December 4, 2021 at 4:13 pm
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 12/4/21 Part Deux – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
December 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.
December 4, 2021 at 3:57 pm
Pingback: Rev: SoCS | revivedwriter
Pingback: Still Walking With You – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 4, 2021 – theindieshe
December 4, 2021 at 11:15 am
Pingback: Reviving an Old Post | ladysighs
Pingback: SoCS: reversal – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Word Finder – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCS: Can We Just Go Without Screaming? | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Like A Revolving Door – SoCs and Weekly Review (04 Dec 2021) – Love.Inspire.Learn.
Pingback: Sounds of the Night – Family Matters
Pingback: Revive or reverse – Keep it alive
Pingback: socs: the revindicated reverend – Lorraine's frilly freudian slip
Pingback: Sweet Revenge [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 4, 2021 | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS — Red Pen – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Rev | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Shaggy but Well Fed – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 12/4/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: SoCS – Rev – The Bag Lady
Pingback: LGBSE! #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SoCS – some random revs – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: #SoCS Rev those engines - Backyard Mechanics 101 - Dis Ekke
December 3, 2021 at 11:37 am
Ha! First thing that came to mind was the Reverend who was none too pleased when the church organist and I started playing chopsticks one evening!
LikeLiked by 3 people
December 4, 2021 at 1:21 pm
Our church organist breaks into “Girl from Impanema” usually during choir practice.
December 4, 2021 at 3:20 pm
LikeLiked by 1 person