The good thing about scheduling the Friday prompt post a day ahead of time? I don’t have to worry about getting it done on Friday morning before 9:30am.
The drawback to scheduling the Friday prompt a day ahead of time? I keep thinking today is Saturday.
The fact that it’s a holiday for most of the rest of the country isn’t helping.
I’m not sure if they’ll go ahead with the planned fireworks here since there’s supposed to be a thunderstorm at dusk. And I don’t really want to take a chance at having to walk home in the rain if they do go ahead, so I won’t be going regardless.
Will you go to the fireworks this long weekend, either in Canada (Happy Canada Day!) or in the US (Happy Independence Day!)?
If you’re like me and have no idea what day of the week it is, why don’t you write your own “What Day is it Anyway?” post? If you do, you can drop your link in the comments below.
Friday! *checks to make sure* Yeah, Friday! That’s today, and I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Anyone out there got any summer plans? Are we making plans again yet? I don’t have any yet, but ya never know. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “—amble.” Add letters to the beginning of “-amble” to make another word or use it as is in your post. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.