Woohoo! Friday’s here and so am I with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Still haven’t had to break out the winter clothing here. In fact, we’re expecting a record high tomorrow of 21C—70F! Crazy weather. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “your favorite word.” Decide on your favorite word and use it in your post any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday November 12, 2022: “starts with or contains ‘cel.’” – The Legal Alien
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 12, 2022 – Tessa Dean – Author
November 6, 2022 at 10:42 am
I’ve been joining in on the fun of SoCS long enough to remember when you used this prompt in 2018! 🥰🤗
Pingback: My Meandering Path to a Revival Blog Post – Quaint Revival
Pingback: #SoCS 11-5-22 He’s Finally Retired!! | Words On A Page
Pingback: Sorry… – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: HOPE | revivedwriter
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Your Favorite Word | Darswords
Pingback: Tick Tock [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: #SoCS: Peril of Purloined Patience | Experience Writing
Pingback: SOCS – Favorite Word | teleportingweena
Pingback: Anyway… #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
November 5, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Pingback: Coffee – My Favourite Word – Writer Ravenclaw
Pingback: I Am – a Stream of Consciousness Poem – Wide Eyed Wonderings
Pingback: Yeah, Thanx A Bunch | Scrambled, Not Fried
Pingback: SOCS- favorite word – Margret's Life Journey
November 5, 2022 at 10:41 am
Nice prompt Linda. thank you 🙂 https://mukhamani.wordpress.com/2022/11/05/17402/
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 5, 2022 – Mukhamani
November 5, 2022 at 10:37 am
Pingback: SoCS: favourite word – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS: Feed Your Hopes | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS – A Word Please
Pingback: Favorite Words – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
Pingback: I Say Yes – Family Matters
Pingback: Inshaa’Allah! – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCS 11-5-22- Outrage, Regret, and Input – Sillyfrog's Blog
Pingback: SoCS 11-4-22 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: SoCS — The Longest Word – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: My favorite word Coffee! #SoCs – Therapy Bits
Pingback: Steam of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Favorite Word” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Painting Pictures – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 11/5/22 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
November 5, 2022 at 3:12 am
Hi Linda the weather is strange all over the world and the ostriches in charge still deny it’s happening? They will run out of sand soon. Hugs to you and the boys.💜💜💜
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 5, 2022 : Discombobulated. | willowdot21
Pingback: “Favourite word“ – Familyonafurlough
November 5, 2022 at 1:27 am
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 5th 2022 – Favourite Words | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: The Signpost Up Ahead – SoCS – No Facilities
November 4, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Loved your prompt linda🥰💖!
November 4, 2022 at 8:24 pm
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 5, 2022 – Tessa Dean – Author
November 4, 2022 at 1:07 pm
I will try number 7 in my future reviews, thanks for these suggestions 🙂
November 4, 2022 at 11:34 am
This may be a hard one, Linda. Mine is a family friendly bar 😉
Pingback: SOCS, Nov 5 – For the Love of