Is it Friday? I’m pretty sure it’s Friday, so I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. The snow has fallen—more than what was expected—and I had my COVID booster yesterday. I ain’t shoveling snow with this arm. It’s a pajama day! Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “morning.” Use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
November 21, 2022 at 6:06 am
Happy Thanksgiving week, Linda, I hope your arm is feeling better. Take care and keep smiling! I guess I did something wrong again, my pingback didn’t work. Oh, well, here’s the link: https://www.quaintrevival.com/say-cheese-to-reasons-to-smile-as-we-age/
November 20, 2022 at 8:45 am
I hope you had no side effects after the booster, Linda! 🙂
Pingback: My morning was great! – Therapy Bits
Pingback: SoCS- morning – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Morning | Darswords
Pingback: Morning in the Evening | revivedwriter
Pingback: #SoCS: The Pride of Morning and Disdain of Pain | Experience Writing
November 19, 2022 at 4:51 pm
Pingback: The First Morning – An eternal wonderer….
Pingback: Taking it Easy… Please! – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: When Time Stands Still - Poetry For Healing
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 19, 2022 – Tessa Dean – Author
Pingback: Moanin’ In The Mornin’ #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SOCS – Morning | teleportingweena
November 19, 2022 at 11:31 am
Good you got your booster dose Linda. Hope your arm is fine. Your prompt seemed so easy, but I enjoyed writing my thoughts. Thank you. https://mukhamani.wordpress.com/2022/11/19/socs-nov-19-2022/
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 19, 2022 – Mukhamani
November 19, 2022 at 11:23 am
Pingback: Writer Ravenclaw
Pingback: SoCS – the early bird… – cathdean.com
Pingback: Multi-prompt Post -#SoCS & WOD- 11-19-22 | Words On A Page
Pingback: Morning – a Stream of Consciousness Poem – Wide Eyed Wonderings
Pingback: SoCS: morning – monicle's chronicles
Pingback: SoCS: Morning Has Broken, Names, and 30 Days of Thankfulness | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Morning Musings | Light Motifs II
Pingback: stream of consciousness – between the dots
Pingback: When will morning arrive? – Keep it alive
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday 19 November 2022 | Adventuring into Retirement
Pingback: Saturday Morning – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
Pingback: SoCS — Morning Has Broken – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 19, 2022. Morning. | willowdot21
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 11/19/22 – J-Dub's Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Morning | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: No Cash Required | Scrambled, Not Fried
Pingback: Live Damnit! – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: BOGO – NoGo – SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 19, 2022 – Morning | But I Smile Anyway...
November 18, 2022 at 4:38 pm
Getting a late start but I think this will work. I hope you have a nice weekend, Linda.
LikeLiked by 1 person
November 19, 2022 at 8:56 am
I was wondering where you were! Thanks, Dan. You too! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
November 19, 2022 at 11:36 am
Pingback: SoCS 11/19/22- Giving Thanks – Sillyfrog's Blog
Pingback: SoCS – Stream of Consciousness: Cleaning Day – Stine Writing