It’s Friday! And I’m back with your regular Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I admit I feel a bit lost already, not having posted yesterday. I should blog more … Anyway, here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “perfection.'” Use it any way you like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Perfection (SoCS) – Jezzie G
Pingback: SoCS perfection — 2.5.23 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Perfection | Darswords
Pingback: #SoCS – Almost perfect |
February 4, 2023 at 9:11 pm
Pingback: “Perfection” and a Poem | revivedwriter
Pingback: It’s Natural – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Moments of Perfection – Dandelion Fuzz
February 4, 2023 at 1:01 pm
Be careful not to ‘should’ all over yourself, Linda! Just enjoy the journey and listen to your muse 💞
Pingback: SoCS 2-4-23 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Perfection – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
February 4, 2023 at 11:32 am
Pingback: Mother’s Love – Writer Ravenclaw
Pingback: SoCS: Perfection Will Not Have My Soul. I’ve been to the Grace Street Garden. | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS: perfection – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SoCS February 4 ~ Perfection – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: Perfection [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS: perfection – monicle's chronicles
Pingback: Chasing Perfection? #SoCS – A Multitude of Musings
February 4, 2023 at 7:26 am
Hi Linda. Here’s my contribution to the prompt. Hope ye enjoy the read! 🙏😁🤞📖
Pingback: SoCS ~ February 4th – jaquintinwriter
Pingback: Imperfection – Hot Dogs and Marmalade
Pingback: #SoCS SATURDAY – Perfection
Pingback: HONEST IMPERFECTION: Stream of Consciousness Saturday (Perfection) – Poetry and Prose of Ken Hume
Pingback: Perfection – Therapy Bits
February 4, 2023 at 6:03 am
Pingback: Breaking free- In search of Perfection – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCS — The Perfectionist – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 2/4/23 – J-Dub's Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Perfectly Imperfect #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: 3 February: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – It's Still Life
Pingback: #perfection# – Destiny's Designz
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Feb. 4, 2023 | willowdot21
Pingback: Damyanti Visits the Bar—SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS Feb. 4th, 2023 – Perfection | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: SoCS 2-4-23 Just Right – Sillyfrog's Blog
February 3, 2023 at 4:05 pm
Scheduled for tomorrow Linda
February 3, 2023 at 10:22 am
I have to handle this in the introduction, but it works well. Thanks, and I hope you can stay warm this weekend, Linda.