Today is Friday, again, and I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Well, it looks like pingbacks are back, so business as usual. My One-Liner Wednesday prompt wasn’t all for nothing, though. It was nice to see the community come together to help with a solution! Thank you. ☺ Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “wild animal.” Choose a wild animal (or many wild animals) and use it any way you’d like in your post. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Response – Wolves Wild – ErosPoetry
March 5, 2023 at 4:07 pm
Pingback: 5 March: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – It's Still Life
March 5, 2023 at 11:15 am
Wow – look at all the fun wild things happening! Happy March, Linda, I hope spring treats you well and gives you lots of moments to smile! Here’s my pingback again: https://www.quaintrevival.com/an-out-of-the-world-abstract-visit-from-mother-nature/
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday | Darswords
Pingback: Burning Bright – Iseult Murphy
March 4, 2023 at 3:58 pm
Here is my contribution.
A Wolf’s Journey Beyond The Forest
March 4, 2023 at 3:23 pm
Pingback: Call of the Wild – Writer Ravenclaw
March 4, 2023 at 2:17 pm
I’m still not seeing my pingbacks. So here I am with a bundle of thanks and a cookie with sugar on it. The cookie will arrive later. 🙂
https://onetahayes.com/2023/03/04/the-leviathan/ I’m still not linking, am I? I’ll be back later to check more. Now the family is calling.
Pingback: THE LEVIATHAN | Sweet aroma
Pingback: SoCS – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: Chupacabra – SOCS – Wild Animals | teleportingweena
Pingback: The Little Girl and the Cabin: Compilation 03/04/23 – Stine Writing
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS March 4, 2023 | willowdot21
Pingback: The Obliviousness of Tigger – Hot Dogs and Marmalade
Pingback: SOCS, March 4, Wild Animals – For the Love of
Pingback: SoCS: wild animals – monicle's chronicles
Pingback: I am man – The Misery of being Two souls Trapped a slave to convention
Pingback: SoCS: Wild Animals, Church Music, and Eagle Wings | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS-3/4/23-My Enchanted Childhood: A Glimpse – Sillyfrog's Blog
March 4, 2023 at 9:44 am
It was fun writing💖
Pingback: Wild Things – SoCS
Pingback: SoCS- “Wild Animal” – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: Wild Animal [socs] | Light Motifs II
March 4, 2023 at 8:39 am
Pingback: Wild Thing – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
Pingback: #SoCS Mar. 4, 2023 – Wild Animal | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: #SOCS – Wild Animal
March 4, 2023 at 7:11 am
Happy Saturday all. I’m howling a little with my entry https://the-bee-writes.com/2023/03/04/wolves-return-to-germany-wolfe-kommen-in-deutschland-zuruck-socs-4-3-23/
Thanks Linda, for another great prompt! 🥰
Pingback: SoCS “wild animal” — 3/4/23 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Wolves Return To Germany/Wölfe Kommen In Deutschland Zurück – #SoCS 4.3.23
Pingback: Our kitty- Feral, not wild – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCS — Animal Crackers – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 3/4/23 – J-Dub's Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Wild Animal | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Home With The Wild Animals #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
March 4, 2023 at 3:55 am
Pingback: Bare Bones – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Bear with a Sore Head – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: Jungle Princess – A Writer In The Room
Pingback: Wild Enough – SoCS – No Facilities
March 3, 2023 at 9:56 am
This should be fun, Linda – thanks! I hope you have a great weekend.
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 3, 2023 at 3:16 pm
You too! And I’ll look forward to your post about squirrels. 😉
LikeLiked by 2 people
March 3, 2023 at 4:39 pm
Haha – I do think Smokey will make an appearance 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person