It’s that time of the week again, bloggers! Friday’s here and I’m all geared up to present you with your SoCS prompt for tomorrow’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday! I think we should have some fun with it this week, so let’s see what you can do with this one-word prompt–do with it whatever comes to mind:
Your prompt is (drum roll please): Tongue.
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at the prompt page in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Don’t hesitate to join in – it’s fun and this week it tastes good too!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people will come and read your post! The way to ping back, is to just copy and paste the URL of my post somewhere on your post. Then your URL will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. For example, in your post you can copy and paste the following: This post is part of SoCS: https://lindaghill.wordpress.com/2014/06/06/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-june-714/ The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: A Tale of Two Tongues | shanjeniah
Pingback: Speaking with several tongues – This post is a part of SoCS | irenedesign2011
June 7, 2014 at 3:12 pm
Here’s another post from Oliana at Whispering Insights! http://tracesofthesoul.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/tongue-socs/
Pingback: SoCS – Slip of the Tongue | Me – Who am I?
June 7, 2014 at 2:07 pm
It looks like my pingbacks are still not working and I’m too sleepy to mess with it, so I’ve pasted the link here. 🙂 Thanks for another great prompt!
June 7, 2014 at 2:09 pm
Fortunately I see your posts in my email, so as long as “SoCS” is in the title, I’ll know you’ve posted and I’ll link it for you. 🙂
I’ll be around to have a read soon!
And you’re welcome! 😀
June 7, 2014 at 2:10 pm
You’re the best. Thanks!
June 7, 2014 at 2:12 pm
I’m glad to see you figured it out! 🙂
June 7, 2014 at 2:09 pm
Figured it out. 🙂
Pingback: Tongue Talk – Stream of Consciousness Saturday | lindaghill
June 7, 2014 at 2:03 pm
Your prompts rock 😉 http://riverflowing572.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/socs-speaks-in-tongues.html
June 7, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Thanks, Bee! Coming over to read soon. 🙂
Pingback: Trying Out Stream of Conciousness Post…. | betrayedin2012's Blog
Pingback: SoCS: Tongue Tied « Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
June 7, 2014 at 11:23 am
I bent the rules a little bit (or a lot) with my entry today (see the Mindful Digressions pingback), but since I had already posted something dedicated to tongue a few years back, I decided to repost part of it with just a bit of minor updating. I hope you won’t kick me out of the SoSC club for not following the rules of SoSC.
June 7, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Ah, I think I can let you get away with it, especially since you updated. 😉
Pingback: Tongue tied | Mindful Digressions
June 7, 2014 at 10:37 am
Pingback: Lie Bumps | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
June 7, 2014 at 4:16 am
Such a bad mood infact that I forgot the link
June 7, 2014 at 4:15 am
Hi Linda (Lindylou) I have entered your SoCS . As you can see I am in a BAD MOOD !!!! ;( xxxx
Pingback: Acrostic Tongue (SoCS) | willowdot21
June 6, 2014 at 7:11 pm
I’m betting you’ll get some cheeky responses!? *resisting poking out my tongue*
June 6, 2014 at 10:02 pm
Haha! I hadn’t even thought about blowing raspberries. You should have just written a big raspberry for a SoCS post tomorrow! 🙂
June 7, 2014 at 12:46 am
Promise to get organised soon – I am all ‘froth and bubble’ really 🙂
June 7, 2014 at 2:07 pm
I like froth and bubbles. 🙂