Is it really Friday today? Between the long weekend and yesterday’s snow day, my timing is all screwed up. Well, if it is Friday, then that means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt! They say spring is here, but that remains to be seen for many of us. I’m looking forward to sitting outside soon! Anyway, here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “real.” Use it with a prefix and/or a suffix, or just as it is. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Stream of consciousness (not)Saturday: The wrong stuff, part eighteen… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: #SoCS – greener grass | inspiration in progress
Pingback: Lucky Bastard, or A Glitch in the Matrix | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: Saturday Evening Reality: #SoCS | shanjeniah's Lovely Chaos
Pingback: Bite Me! #SoCS | Her Headache
Pingback: SoCS – Real 26/3/16 | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: SoCS – Lost to Unreality | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: SoCS – Real | Ginni bites!
Pingback: #SoCS – Real – Edwina's Episodes
March 26, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Can I PUHHLEEASE Edit to put the pretty pic in the space I purposefully left at top to hold your SoCS badge/link to your page? LOL – For now, there’s a big arse white space – awww…well…that’s my reality when trying to plan ahead and not allowed to relentlessly edit – I’ll get over it – – LOL
March 26, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Oh I think I can allow that much editing. 😉 hehe
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 26, 2016 at 3:24 pm
I want you to know, it I did look up the proper spelling for Wittgenstein, BUT I fought the urge to look up the exact quotes – and did a full ‘paraphrased’ post – sigh – and since stroke, I do relentless editing/saves, cuz I make so many typos my lil brain just doesn’t see – so I will go back and fix in 6 months when I come across it and say, “lookee at that typo there!” LOL – your SoCS prompts are good for me overcoming my fear of writing/publishing since the stroke – thank you for being part of my healing journey! 🙂
Pingback: Real | The Good, Bad and Ludicrous
Pingback: Does Reality Ever Get You Down? #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Reality Check – Thoughts Uncovered
Pingback: SoCS – ‘Keeping it real’ | Flotsam and Jetsam
Pingback: SoCS — Real | joeyfullystated
Pingback: The real world… #SoCS – bookyglover
Pingback: SOCS – STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS SATURDAY – REAL | teleportingweena
Pingback: #SoCS – Reality | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Real/Footsteps ~ Unexpected Guests – Word Adventures
Pingback: SoCS March 26/16 – real | Freya Writes…
Pingback: On the Use of the Term “Real” Since the 1950’s | Riley Central
March 26, 2016 at 8:02 am
March 26, 2016 at 8:01 am
can we post old posts of my blog, do confirm dear
March 26, 2016 at 10:21 am
The point of a prompt is to prompt people to write. I’d rather you write something new. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 26, 2016 at 12:34 pm
ok…Thanks, I ve written a lot and I wanted to share…anyway, no issue; will write new
March 26, 2016 at 12:39 pm
I’ll look forward to it! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 26, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Pingback: Keeping It REAL…Streams of consciousness Saturday. | a cooking pot and twistedtales
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “Real” | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: Flash Fiction – I’ll never tell | fabricating fiction
Pingback: #SoCS March 26/16 – Real or Imagined? | Promptly Written
Pingback: Mr. Numb | erhynireh
Pingback: What is Real? – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS – Aaron Elmore
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt Real | Fiction Favorites
March 26, 2016 at 2:20 am
Happy Easter to you and yours. Here is my post. http://suzysomedaysomewhere.blogspot.co.nz/2016/03/on-street-where-you-live-mondaymusings.html
April 1, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Hope you had a wonderful Easter too, Suzy! 🙂
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness | The Richness of a Simple Life
Pingback: The Real Reel | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Bunny Rabbits and Spider Veins – Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Perverts or opportunists who shoot videos of big busted girls - Self Therapy
March 25, 2016 at 6:21 pm
Happy Easter to you and your mob….
Pingback: SoCS March 26/16 – Real | Morpethroad