Friday kinda crept up on me this week. How about you? Anyway, it’s here and so is your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I haven’t been around much this week–keeping busy with editing, with hopes of publishing something next month–but I plan to get caught up this weekend on all your SoCS and One-Liner Wednesday posts. For now, here’s the prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “brake/break.” Use one, use them both, but whatever you do, enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: #SoCS puts the brakes on? – The Bee Writes…
May 25, 2016 at 5:48 am
Nothing like posting a completed on Saturday SoC post at 5:30 am on Wednesday morning. I’m broke. I need a break. And a donut.
June 3, 2016 at 4:57 pm
It was worth the wait, my dear. Hope you got your donut. 🙂
June 3, 2016 at 10:22 pm
This week I cheated — just published my scream of unconscious now. I haven’t got a time difference to blame. These days, if it’s done, and I don’t hit publish, well, it might sit as a draft until it catches a cold from the draft and needs a draft beer to . . . shut up, lol.
I have a Friday song for you — I’ll post it in the comments for THIS week’s SoCS. If I can find where I put the YouTube url.
And, instead of a donut, I had a mocha chip cappuccino muffin. Most of your participants can’t be this nuts. 🙂
June 4, 2016 at 10:29 pm
Most? No. Some? Yes. Me included at times. 🙂
Sometimes the post is better to get over and done with, I agree! 🙂 We’ll pretend you’re on a different continent, shall we? 😀
Pingback: SoCS: “Shake·spear·e·an·a:”to break or to brake, that tis the SOC ? | adarkenedhouse
Pingback: SoCS/Brake/Break/5/21/2016 | Annette's place
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Sunday: The wrong stuff, part twenty six… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: Break/Brake ~ Frustration – Word Adventures
May 21, 2016 at 11:42 pm
Here is mine… https://susanscreativewritingandpoetry.com/2016/05/21/give-me-a-break-socs-may-2116/
Pingback: #SoCS – break | inspiration in progress
Pingback: Whoa, Wait – What? The Kifo Project for #SoCS and #StaD Day 21 | shanjeniah's Lovely Chaos
May 21, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Linda G – You may not have time to get through all 1500+ words (Gasp! 2,000+?!? Really? LOL) – But if hard for you to make it through my SoCS full of nicotine addict blog, PUHLEASE! scroll down and read the last paragraph of post!! Cuz I so Appreciate You, Your Creativity and Craft! 🙂
May 21, 2016 at 8:21 pm
I’ll do my best to get to it soon! 🙂
Pingback: Crash Test Dummy | Riley Central
Pingback: The Breaks – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: Give It A Rest, #SoCS | Her Headache
May 21, 2016 at 4:17 pm
Pingback: #SoCS – Give me a break! | Linda G. Hill
Pingback: Cancelled stamp* – SoCS May 21/16 | Freya Writes…
Pingback: SoCS – A required, albeit enjoyable, break from life | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: I Will NOT Break-up with You | Manee Trautz
Pingback: A few “Break” Songs” #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Taking a Break, Sort Of – Anything is Possible!
May 21, 2016 at 8:57 am
Thanks for keeping at it even though you had a busy week. You are an inspiration to us all.
Jenny Young firstname.lastname@example.org jennyyoung.co.za
May 21, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Thank you, Jenny. 🙂 Can’t stop doing the prompts!
Pingback: Everyday Inspiration, Day Six: The Space to Write | Coffee in the Rain
Pingback: On Graduation and The Accomplishment of Things | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Break/Brake – Aaron Elmore
Pingback: SoCS: heartbreaking news – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: #SoCS May 21/16 – Breaking Free | Promptly Written
May 21, 2016 at 6:58 am
Good day to you Linda and have a lovely weekend.
May 21, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Thanks! You too, Jacqui! 😀
Pingback: #SoCS puts the brakes on? « Just Fooling Around With Bee
Pingback: Me and my dirty thoughts…Streams of consciousness Saturday. | a cooking pot and twistedtales
May 21, 2016 at 6:36 am
This looks like so much fun. I’m going to be joining in next week.
May 21, 2016 at 2:52 pm
Wonderful! I’ll look forward to it. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCS — Break | joeyfullystated
Pingback: Sorry Monday | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: SOCS/Story a Day: Day 21 – Put the Brakes on | fallonbrownwrites
Pingback: Resource Theory | No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Break/Brake | K Y R O S M A G I C A
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Break/Brake” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Break, Brake. | willowdot21
Pingback: #SoCs - Break/Brake - Edwina's Episodes
Pingback: #SoCS May 21/16 – Brake/Break | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Break Over…Brake off – DebWasHere
May 20, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Good weekend Linda
May 20, 2016 at 9:02 pm
You too, Michael! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #SoCS May 21/16 – “brake/break.” | Morpethroad
Pingback: Break free – bookyglover