Yo! Friday’s here! And that means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat … Does anyone eat geese any more? Huh. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “hairy.” Use it any way you’d like. Bonus points if you use it to mean more than one thing. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our pretty SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
January 6, 2019 at 1:14 pm
What a good idea. Helps writers be more succinct. I know I used to ramble (probably still do a bit…) I liked Robbie’s entry. Hair down sinks is always gross… Best Wishes Joy Lennick (https://joylennick.wordpress.com/ x
Pingback: The View – Tina Stewart Brakebill
Pingback: #SoCS – Hairier than expected |
Pingback: It Ain’t Over Til Its Over, #SoCS – For the Love of
Pingback: December Ditties – 2018 Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Hairy | Janet's Smiles
Pingback: SoCS: Words with Friends? – Top of JC's Mind
December 15, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Linda: Oops, I must have found an old prompt and wrote on contrast. My apologies!
LikeLiked by 1 person
December 15, 2018 at 1:00 pm
No problem. It happens all the time. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
December 15, 2018 at 1:01 pm
Pingback: #SoCS Contrasting Green Life – Tao Talk
Pingback: SoCS: hairy – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Hairy Spiders Are Real Creepy – A Unique Title For Me
December 15, 2018 at 9:48 am
Nice prompt word this week, Linda, here is mine: https://robertawrites235681907.wordpress.com/2018/12/15/socs-hairy/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #SOCS – Hairy – Roberta Writes
Pingback: #SoCS – Trichological Tales – cathdean.com
Pingback: Don’t mess with my sleep – Quaint Revival
Pingback: #SoCS for 12/15/18 ~ Hairy – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Hair And Such #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Dec. 15/18 | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS — A Hairy Problem – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Christmas Tag – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Hairy” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Hobbits Have Hairy Feet | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow | Light Motifs II
December 15, 2018 at 2:59 am
Pingback: Grassy paths – Reena Saxena
Pingback: SoCS – doesn’t everybody’s DMV serve up a menopause primer with license renewals? – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: SoCS: Not So Hairy Times, Bald Armpits, and a Donation Rush | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS hairy — 12.15.18 – This Just SoCS
Pingback: #SoCS Dec. 15/18 – Hairy | But I Smile Anyway...
December 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Revealed at last, why it didn’t work out..
Pingback: SoCS – Hairy~ #SoCS #themagicshop #humor | The Magic Shop
December 14, 2018 at 1:41 pm
scheduled for tomorrow
December 14, 2018 at 12:42 pm
I apologize in advanced for tomorrows post. But in my world there is only one use for “hairy” and that is Hairy Dawg! See you tomorrow.