It’s the first Friday of March. And it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt! Looking over my master list of prompts, I just realized that today marks the 5th anniversary of SoCS! Hard to believe we’ve been doing this every week for five years, isn’t it? Here’s your potentially appropriate prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “cele-.” Find a word that starts with or contains “cele” and use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our pretty SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Let’s Celebrate! - MamaBuzz
Pingback: SoCS — Celery and Celestial Celebrities - Internet Kebab
March 6, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Hi Linda, this is the post on celebrating my sister’s life.
March 7, 2019 at 9:01 am
I’m honoured to share your link on my blog, Miriam. ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 7, 2019 at 11:38 pm
I saw your prompt, Linda, and wanted to write something happier, but I kept coming back to the celebration of her life. ❤
Pingback: RIP My Beautiful Sister | The Showers of Blessings
March 4, 2019 at 5:30 pm
Wow, Linda, I am late to reading my fellow bloggers’ SoCS and when I came here to get the links I was met with TWO pages of comments! I think you got a resurgence of participation, with oldbies and newbies alike! More congratulations!
Pingback: Celestial Spirits – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: SoCS: Celebrate! | learningtolivelikewaterblog
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday 20190302 | Darswords