Friday is here! And that means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I think I might finish NaNoWriMo with 50K words this year! I’m behind a bit, but catching up. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “flyer/ad.” Look at the latest ad you got in the mail (if it’s a store flyer, choose the product right in the middle of the page) or choose the next online ad you find, and theme your post on whatever the product is. Do not name the brand if you hate it, unless you add that it’s an opinion/review of the product in question. You don’t want to chance getting sued. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
November 24, 2019 at 1:52 pm
Hi, sharing my link for #SoCS
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday- Trap #SoCS – SOUL CONNECTION
Pingback: #SoCS – Oh Hey, a Vacation! |
Pingback: SoCS~ “Flyer/ad” – Margret's Life Journey
November 23, 2019 at 4:16 pm
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCS – November 23 – Flyer/Ad – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
November 23, 2019 at 2:46 pm
I found an ad about a device making old computers new !! https://gattinawritercramps.blogspot.com/2019/11/an-advertising-about-making-old.html
November 23, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Great prompt for my return after an (ahem) very long hiatus.
Pingback: SoCS Nov 23/19 – Dark Future | Freya Writes…
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Flyer/Ad | teleportingweena
November 23, 2019 at 11:23 am
Liked this prompt A lot 🙂
Pingback: Slippers – A Unique Title For Me
November 23, 2019 at 10:09 am
Thank you. I was on a ten minute tea break, flexing my fingers. 🙂
Pingback: Flyer – a nickel in the slot
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday November 23- 2019 – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCS: marketing dentistry – sixty, single and surviving
November 23, 2019 at 8:00 am
Looks like you hit on a winner prompt, Linda! Nice job! My pingback didn’t work, I think I know why, but I’ll just leave the link just in case. https://www.quaintrevival.com/my-realization-of-being-a-tiny-pixel-in-the-blogosphere/
Pingback: SoCS 11-23-19 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Shooze Nooz [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS: Kohl’s and Prose | Mary J Melange
Pingback: #SoCS for 11/23/19 ~ “flyer/ad” – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Flyer/Ad” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Boys and Their Toys – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Watch Your Spending – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Cake! #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SoCS – The wreaths had given their all and had no more to give. – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: SoCS – Some Things Don’t ‘ad’ Up – From Cave Walls
Pingback: Harriet | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 23/19 | willowdot21
Pingback: What Floats Your Soap? | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: My 16th SOCS Entry: Flyer/Ad | queennandini
November 22, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Ah, ads … Well, the first one I saw after I read your prompt led to this …
(unique to the US and NZ, this, I think …)
Pingback: Side-Effects | Na'ama Yehuda
November 22, 2019 at 10:27 am
Congratulations on your NaNo progress! Hope you read your goal! Thanks for the prompt! I’ve had a great idea…
November 22, 2019 at 1:11 pm
Wonderful. And thanks, Luccia! I’ve graduated from ten-minute sprints to 25-minute sprints. They really add up! 😀
November 23, 2019 at 6:04 am
Here’s my entry for this week:
https://lucciagray.com/2019/11/23/socs-streamof-consciousness-saturday-christmas-presents-haiku/ a short rant, all about Christmas presents and flyers!
November 22, 2019 at 9:49 am
Congrats on your NaNo progress!!! I find I’m living on the strangest schedule while doing the challenge: finally got 3 days worth of dishes done yesterday; tonight I baked chicken at 2 a.m. I’m still up at 6:48 a.m., planning to go get groceries as soon as the sun comes up…and I try to get a daily shower in, and eat here and there 🙂
November 22, 2019 at 1:10 pm
Haha! My kids keep me on a regular schedule, but I’m sure I’d be keeping right up with you if it weren’t for them. Thanks, Avia! Keep at it. 😀
November 22, 2019 at 7:28 pm
Thank you, Linda 🙂 There are days I wish I had someone here to keep me on a healthier schedule.