Is it really Friday? Wow. Where has the week gone? One way or another, I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I have a feeling my week went by faster because Alex finally had a full week of school! Might be the first this year. Anyway, here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “figure.” Use the word “figure” any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
March 13, 2020 at 12:28 am
Here is my bit
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCs March/7/2020 I can’t figure out…. – Salted Caramel
Pingback: Above Me | MY ENDURING BONES
March 9, 2020 at 2:03 am
Mathematics and lord of the Rings 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: SoCS 3/7/20 Figures – Sillyfrog's Blog
March 8, 2020 at 10:30 am
Sharing link for #SoCS
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousness Saturday-Time #SoCS – SOUL CONNECTION
Pingback: #SoCS – I Figure |
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday — Figure | Darswords
March 7, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Figurines | teleportingweena
Pingback: Pep talks; I love them – KC's Place
Pingback: March Madness – #SoCS – Go Figure | Janet's Smiles
March 7, 2020 at 2:09 pm
March 7, 2020 at 1:17 pm
Hi Linda sorry I am late 💜
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS March 7/2020 | willowdot21
Pingback: Drawing a Blank – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: SoCS – 3-7-20 – Figure – The Bag Lady
March 7, 2020 at 11:24 am
Happy Sabbath thanks for the opportunity ✌❤http://wordslessspoken781842219.blog/2020/03/07/cant-figure-out
Pingback: #SoCS- Figure Skating | Culture Shocks
Pingback: Go Figure – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCS: a “hidden figure” – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Go Figure – Family Matters
Pingback: The Obstacle Is the Way | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- March 7, 2020- Go figure! – Keep it alive
March 7, 2020 at 8:44 am
Pingback @ https://wp.me/p93zQi-Jy
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS March 7/2020 – theindieshe
Pingback: SoCS: figuring – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “Figure” – Fallon Brown
Pingback: Go Figure | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS — Go Figure – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: #SoCS for 3/7/20 ~ “figure” – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: How Much is that in Dollars? – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Figure” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Go Figure… #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
March 7, 2020 at 3:03 am
I am terribly sad https://gattinawritercramps.blogspot.com/2020/03/arthur-has-left.html
March 7, 2020 at 10:54 am
Oh no! 😦
March 7, 2020 at 2:24 pm
Ian so sorry to hear of the loss of your lovely cat. May your memories be happy and keep you smiling 💜
Pingback: SoCS – the dog days are over and other skate park observations – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Rooting to Win – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: SoCS: Infinity, Time Travel, Doggie Dementia, and the Circle of Life | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: My 31st SOCS Entry: Figure | queennandini
Pingback: Go Figure | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
March 6, 2020 at 3:07 pm
scheduled for tomorrow Linda
LikeLiked by 1 person
March 6, 2020 at 11:30 am
I had a bit too much fun with this one. … (or did I? … ;))
Pingback: Them Poor Bushes | Na'ama Yehuda