Friday’s here and what a coincidence! I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Sorry I’m a bit late today. Scatterbrained is my middle name. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “a word you have to look up.” We all have words we can never spell. Use one of yours in your post and let that word drive your stream of consciousness where ever it goes. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: My 63rd SOCS Entry: Chhichhore and Chiaroscuro Words | queennandini
October 18, 2020 at 11:00 am
A wonderful prompt 🙂
Pingback: #SoCS Oct. 17/2020 – Mukhamani
Pingback: SoCS – Spell It Out For Me – bernmusings
Pingback: Nauseous! #SoCs – Therapy Bits
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Oct. 17/2020: i before e, expect after c! – Weirds Are Word
Pingback: #SoCS – Nausea |
Pingback: SoCS~ “a word you have to look up” – Margret's Life Journey
October 17, 2020 at 7:16 pm
My take on the prompt – #enjoy https://inkdrops.blog/2020/10/17/looking-up-words/
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Oct. 17/2020 | willowdot21
October 17, 2020 at 5:52 pm
My entry – https://transitionofthoughts.com/2020/10/18/betrayal/
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – | teleportingweena
October 17, 2020 at 4:23 pm
Late in the day SoCS… https://sparksfromacombustiblemind.com/2020/10/17/socs-10-17-2020/
Pingback: SoCS – 10-17-2020 | sparksfromacombustiblemind
October 17, 2020 at 2:44 pm
[…] Stream of Consciousness Saturday-i before e, except after c […]
Pingback: Ce or se? – Live Love Laugh Learn
Pingback: SoCS 10-17-20 – The Bag Lady
October 17, 2020 at 11:54 am
I’ve been away from all things blog related for so long, but now I’m stepping back in. I’m focusing on novel-editing right now, but also want to exercise my other creative muscles. Your SoCS prompts seemed just the right thing! I’m looking forward to reading other writer’s submissions!
Pingback: A word you have to look up – SoCS Oct 17/2020 | Freya Writes…
Pingback: SoCS: October 17th 2020 – jaquintinwriter
Pingback: Funny Words, SoCS – For the Love of
October 17, 2020 at 11:16 am
Cheers! This was a fun one.
Pingback: Beginner’s Map – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: SoCS: I Got Rhythm, But Can I Spell It? | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS – – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: SoCS: excersize! – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Really Bad at Spelling – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Spell Much? Nope! – Tina Stewart Brakebill
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- 17 October’20 – Keep it alive
Pingback: Walking Into The Sun – Family Matters
Pingback: SoCS — Word Not Found – This, That, and The Other
October 17, 2020 at 7:21 am
Pingback: New Driver – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: SoCS – Where’s the Dictionary? – From Cave Walls
Pingback: Kintsugi [socs] | Light Motifs II
October 17, 2020 at 7:00 am
Pingback: full power – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: SoCS: The Sun Will Come Up | Mary J Melange
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Look Up a Word | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: #SoCS for 10/17/20 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Medicinal Bourbon – SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Fuch-sia not Fus-chia – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: A ‘ecial’ confession – Leaking Ink
Pingback: When You See A Hearse Go By… #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: SoCS – thank heavens for spellcheck – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Vacuum | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: SoCS word to look up — 10.16.20 – wtf Am I On About Now?
October 16, 2020 at 2:17 pm
I think this will great fun! Thanks for always taking time out to make this available for us. I sure appreciate it, and I am sure others do too! 💜 blessings
October 16, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Good this isn’t One-liner Wednesday. I have a lot of these 😏