Friday is upon us once again, and you know what that means? Right! It’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. This is my eighth year of doing SoCS prompts, and I’m finding it hard to believe that I’ve never used this week’s word before. But it’s true! I have a list and everything! Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “may.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: I May Have A Situation Here | MY ENDURING BONES
May 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
“I may figure it all out, not sure if my brain equipped so that I can” – – LOL
LikeLiked by 3 people
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS May 1, 2021 – Aliexpress Shopping
Pingback: May I Just Feel Normal Again? – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Chilly Fingers of May – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, May | Darswords
May 1, 2021 at 7:54 pm
LikeLiked by 1 person
May 1, 2021 at 6:31 pm
My entry – http://transitionofthoughts.com/2021/04/30/zenith-disaster/
LikeLiked by 2 people
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – May | teleportingweena
Pingback: The First Day of May | revivedwriter
Pingback: SoCS: poetic concentration – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SOCS~ May – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: May Day | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
May 1, 2021 at 1:19 pm
Thanks, Linda. I don’t know if my ping didn’t work or if it is just slow. But since I am behind I’m in now with https://onetahayes.com/2021/05/01/mother-may-i/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Queen Of The May #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Don’t Do It! - Poetry For Healing
Pingback: Thank You, Bloggers! #SoCS #Poem | Mystical Strings
Pingback: SoCS may — 05.01.21 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: May I /Can I In The Dating World – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: #SoCS May 1, 2021 – Mukhamani
Pingback: SoCS – Back to the Playground
Pingback: Mayday, mayday – Family Matters
Pingback: May Day – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCS: May – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS- 5/1/21 The Scary One – Sillyfrog's Blog
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- May/ may – Keep it alive
Pingback: May It Be | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: MAYbe Day 2021 – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: It May Be May #SoCS – A Multitude of Musings
Pingback: SoCS 5-1-2021 “May I?” | sparksfromacombustiblemind
Pingback: SoCS — The Merry Month of… – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: #SoCS: Endings and Beginnings | Mary J Melange
Pingback: Maybe It’s Maybelline | Light Motifs II
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “May” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Open Wide – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 5/1/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: SoCS 5-1-21 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: May oh my. (Stream of consciousness Saturday.) – A Work Of Art.
Pingback: SoCS – can we get a southern translator over here? – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS May 1, 2021 | willowdot21
April 30, 2021 at 12:34 pm
Congratulations on 8 years of hosting SOCS. Thank you too. It has been great to be a participant.
LikeLiked by 2 people