It’s Friday today, and I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. More of the same going on. The usual. Same old, same old. And more of just that. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “contains ‘igh.'” Find a word that contains the letters “igh” in that order and use it in your post. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Mightily high on Barbados with #SoCS – 🐝 The Bee Writes
July 5, 2021 at 4:55 pm
My pingback is not an actual SoCS post, but an update on my dad about whom I wrote in two previous SoCS posts. I wanted to link it here, just in case anyone was wondering…
LikeLiked by 1 person
July 6, 2021 at 3:27 pm
Good idea. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Paco update – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: almost soc for sosc: rightful wright . . . – Lorraine's frilly freudian slip
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness – Okachiko – Sit There
Pingback: Some Kind of Love – Cynthia Praski
Pingback: High on Life’s Ups and Downs – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Suppressing Sigh – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, igh | Darswords
Pingback: The Light – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: At Twilight, a Sigh | revivedwriter
July 3, 2021 at 3:44 pm
Oooops. Nearly missed it :-). Happy Stream of Consciousness Saturday all you creative people. You rock! Here is mine: https://thebeewrites.com/2021/07/03/mightily-high-on-barbados-with-socs/
And for all those who do not know: My blog is private because of troubled ppl in my past. Please sign up and I approve you for reading it. Looking forward to seeing you all 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Stress - Poetry For Healing
Pingback: –sigh– #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Thighs, Blighs, and Highs – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS
Pingback: “~igh” – #SoCS July 3, 2021 | SC Blog
Pingback: SoCS -igh — 7.3.21 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: bIGHly – Leaking Ink
July 3, 2021 at 11:31 am
“Sigh….. I really ought to get back to ‘work’ instead of procrastinating….through reading….” LOL
Pingback: SoCS: high – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Light on Leaf – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS July 3, 2021 | willowdot21
Pingback: #SoCS July 3, 2021 – Mukhamani
Pingback: SoCS: A Sigh of Relief with a Side of Laughter | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Dwight – Stream of Consciousness Saturday – igh words | teleportingweena
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- “igh ” – Keep it alive
Pingback: SoCS – Well, Ain’t You Fancy?
Pingback: I’m Going Home – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Socs-‘igh’- Quadruplets – It's me 4 u!
Pingback: day breaks – Tina Stewart Brakebill
Pingback: The Plight of Pain – Family Matters
Pingback: SoCS — Oh What a Night – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Light-Fingered | Ella Craig
July 3, 2021 at 6:45 am
Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 7/3/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Contains IGH | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Independence – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: SoCS July 3, 2021 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: SoCS – just step back with that skin care routine – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS July 3, 2021 – Tessa Dean – Author
Pingback: Fight, and fight some more? #SoCs – Therapy Bits
Pingback: Fight for the Light #SoCS – A Multitude of Musings
July 2, 2021 at 1:31 pm
Thanks Linda! I think I got this.
July 2, 2021 at 10:36 am
Hang in there Linda!🤗
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone