Hey, look at that! It’s Friday! And time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Having some rainy weather, finally. Thinking about everyone living along the east coast of the US. Here’s your prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “hope.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: “WORD” AWARDS | Sweet aroma
Pingback: Celeste Post-Apocalyptia~ pt 9 – What if We all Cared?
Pingback: Hopeful Thoughts | Dandelion Fuzz
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS July 10, 2021. Hope. | willowdot21
Pingback: My favorite hope quotes – Quaint Revival
Pingback: Breaking the Surface – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Hope | Darswords
Pingback: SoCS~ “Hope” – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: SoCS: hope – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: High Hopes – Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: Hope flows to the low spot | revivedwriter
Pingback: The Tyranny of Tomorrow – #SoCS – defying atrophy
July 10, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Hope | Ella Craig
Pingback: Hope, Faith, and Action – Stream of Conciousness Saturday #SoCS
Pingback: Hope: the engine that drives human activity (and Vegas) - Janet Alcorn
Pingback: Stream of Conscious Saturday – 10/07/2021 | Slowly treading water
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS July 10, 2021 – theindieshe
July 10, 2021 at 12:32 pm
Pingback: SoCS – Hope – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Hope-A-Dope #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Once Bitten … - Poetry For Healing
Pingback: THINK HOPE | Sweet aroma
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Hope | teleportingweena
Pingback: Slippery Slope | Coffee in the Rain
July 10, 2021 at 10:54 am
Pingback: SoCS: Hope for the Best and Trust the Timing | Anything is Possible!
July 10, 2021 at 10:40 am
Ah, this is fun. Thanks Linda 🙂 https://thebeewrites.com/2021/07/10/socs-raises-hopes-on-grenada/
For all those who do not know my blog: It is private because of troubled people in my past. Please apply for reading and enjoy. Thanks so much.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Hope (SOC) | Michaelsfishbowl
Pingback: Shabbat Shalom: Why I am A Christian – Poems & More: createdbyDEEsign
July 10, 2021 at 9:08 am
Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday- Hope – Keep it alive
Pingback: Obi Juan You’re My Only Hope – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: SoCS: I hope – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: By Any Other Name [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: SoCS 7-10-2021 | sparksfromacombustiblemind
Pingback: SoCS — Lost Hope – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 7/10/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Saturday Stream of Consciousness – Prompt – Hope | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Change Orders – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: Socs- Hope – It's me 4 u!
Pingback: SoCS hope — 7.10.21 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Hope-ful | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: SoCS: July 10th 2021 – jaquintinwriter