Two weeks – January 2 – 14, 2022
I’m looking for prompt words for Just Jot it January! This is your chance to inspire other people and have your blog linked to the Daily Prompt post.
I’ve decided to do this in two parts this year—Jan. 2-14, and Jan 16-31. I only need 10 prompt words today, so if you miss getting your word in on this post, you’ll have another chance on Friday, January 14th.
Read the rules carefully! They’re a bit different this year. I need 10 single words to use in the Just Jot It January challenge, for January 2nd through to the 14th. This is how you can be included:
- I’m looking for a single word, plus a link to your blog, plus the name you wish me to use when I post your prompt (your name or the name you blog by). So for example, mine would be “antidisestablishmentarianism lindaghill.com Linda”
- If you write more than what I’m asking for in your comment, for example, “My word is antidisestablishmentarianism, and my link is (this) and my name is (my given name or the name I blog by),” I’ll ignore it. Same thing if you try to slip in two prompts, even in two different comments—I’ll only accept the first. If I get the same word twice, I’ll only accept the first person who got to it. If you’re the second, I’ll let you know so you can try again. And please, remember this is a relatively G-rated blog, so nothing too risque.
- The first 10 comments on this post that include a single word (plus link and name) will be the prompts for the first two weeks of January.
- These prompts will go up on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 2am EST. I’ll take care of One-Liner Wednesday and Stream of Consciousness Saturday myself.
- I’ll link back to the blog of whomever gives me a prompt on the day I use it.
- Make sure you get your comment in early. You don’t want to miss out!
- Please don’t bother entering a prompt if your blog is inactive or if it exists only to sell things. If you haven’t posted in over a month and you’re only looking for clicks, your prompt word will be rejected. If, on the other hand, you’re planning to use JusJoJan to inspire you to get back into the swing of things, let me know immediately in a second comment — NOT the one you give your prompt word in. Remember, that’s ONE word plus your link and your name only. If I can’t find a reasonable number of posts written in the last month that aren’t trying to sell a product, your prompt word will be rejected.
- I observed a few years ago that many of our prompt words were negative in nature. I found they didn’t do as well as the more positive words. I don’t want to limit you, but please keep in mind that if your word is on the sadder or angrier side, your prompt may not get as much participation.
- If you provide a prompt, I encourage you to join in as much as possible throughout the month.
- Only one prompt per person for the month. If you get in this time, don’t try again next time.
- NOTE: Please count the number of correctly formatted comments ahead of yours. If there are already 10, save yours for January 14th!
Please see the “Rules” post for a complete list of the prompt words. I’ll populate it as the words come in. Here’s the link in case you missed it: https://lindaghill.com/2021/12/31/just-jot-it-january-2022-the-rules/
Okay. Are you ready? Aaaaand… prompt! One word, one link, one name!
NOTE: Comments are now closed. Thanks to all who added their prompts to the cause! If you want to participate in the next round, be sure to watch out for the Prompt Me Part 2 post on January 14th.