Friday’s here and so am I with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. March Break (equivalent to Spring Break) is next week here in Ontario. Hopefully Alex and I can start going out for walks again! Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “trip.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: #SoCS Looking at Scents | Rambles of a Raring Writer
Pingback: Day 14 of the March SOLSC! #SOL2022 – Mukhamani
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS March 12, 2022 – Cosmopolitan
Pingback: SoCS: March 12th – jaquintinwriter
March 13, 2022 at 12:10 pm
Oh, my, I hope your snow doesn’t last too long! Spring is coming, I hope. I had a pingback fail, so here’s my link https://www.quaintrevival.com/girls-trip-to-the-sea-lands-me-thinking-about-iodine/
March 13, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Oops…the pingback did work afterall! Sorry for the duplication!
Pingback: Girls’ Trip to the Sea Lands Me Thinking About Iodine – Quaint Revival
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS March 12, 2022 – theindieshe
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Trip | Darswords
Pingback: Winter’s End - Poetry For Healing
Pingback: Elusive Trips | revivedwriter
Pingback: SoCS – March 12 – The Trip No One Wants To Make – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: Muddling Through March – 2022 – Tripping | Janet's Smiles
Pingback: SoCS Saturday- 3/12/22- Diabolical Destruction – Sillyfrog's Blog
Pingback: What A Trip… #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
March 12, 2022 at 2:10 pm
March 12, 2022 at 1:57 pm
Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.
Pingback: Blitz Trip – SOCS – Trip | teleportingweena
Pingback: What can I do anyway? – I Believe, BECAUSE –
Pingback: SoCS – Trip – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Conventional – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
Pingback: SoCS — Have a Nice Trip – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: SoCS: Trip or Trek ~ Going Boldly into My Own Backyard | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: #SoCS Memorable trips in this little car - Dis Ekke
Pingback: SoCS: trip – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: SoCS: travel – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SoCS – Road Trip!
March 12, 2022 at 7:52 am
Pingback: What a Trip – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: Our Friend From Spain #SoCs | Rambles of a Raring Writer
Pingback: Ukraine to Spain #SoCS | Rambles of a Raring Writer
Pingback: #SoCS: Bike Tripping | Mary J Melange
Pingback: There For You – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: 12.03.22 #SOCS Trip – It's Still Life
Pingback: Tripping up and standing again – Keep it alive
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – “Trip.” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Long Strange Trip – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 3/12/22 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: #SoCS – March 12, 2022 – Trip | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS March 12, 2022 | willowdot21
Pingback: SoCS trip — 3.12.22 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: 74 days to go! – Therapy Bits
Pingback: Shalheira’s Discovery – Culture Shocks
Pingback: Shopping Mall #SoCS – Out of the Cave
March 11, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Thanks for the nice and timely prompt. I hope you guys get to walk. We might have more snow on the way.
March 11, 2022 at 8:30 pm
We’re getting ours now. About 3 inches so far since this afternoon. 😛
LikeLiked by 1 person