It’s the first Friday of August! And I’m here with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Do you have the ebook of The Magician’s Curse yet? It’s 99 cents this month. Just sayin’. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “wallpaper.” Use it however you’d like. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: From Wallpaper to Salad Smelling Hair For the Win – Quaint Revival
August 7, 2022 at 3:34 am
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday | Darswords
Pingback: SoCS wallpaper — 8.6.22 – wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: Wallpaper | revivedwriter
Pingback: Need A Rest Stop | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Flowers on the Wall – a SOCS poem – Wide Eyed Wonderings
August 6, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Thank you for an interesting prompt Linda. https://mukhamani.wordpress.com/2022/08/06/socs-aug-6-2022/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #SoCS Aug. 6, 2022 – Mukhamani
Pingback: SOCS – Wallpaper | teleportingweena
Pingback: SoCS: Contact Paper, DIY Lucy, and a Praying Mantis | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: My Dreams: Compilation 08/06/2022 – Stine Writing
Pingback: Into the Wallpaper - Poetry For Healing
Pingback: SoCS – Wallpaper – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Coverings – Louis N. Carreras, Woodcarver
Pingback: SoCS: wallpaper – sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Wallpaper [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: A new type of wallpaper – Keep it alive
Pingback: The Clouded View – Family Matters
Pingback: SoCS – On Wallpaper
Pingback: In The Dim Evening | Padre's Ramblings
Pingback: SoCS — Wallpaper – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: Being For the World – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Wallpaper | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 8/6/22 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Busier Than A One-Armed Paper Hanger #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Aug. 6, 2022 | willowdot21
Pingback: Cee Neuner Visits the Bar – SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS August 6, 2022- Wallpaper | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Stream of consciousness Saturday post – Therapy Bits
Pingback: SoCS- 8-6-22- Clueless Karens – Sillyfrog's Blog
August 5, 2022 at 10:48 am
Scheduled for tomorrow Linda
LikeLiked by 1 person