Welcome, one and all to the ninth annual Just Jot it January challenge!
Just Jot it January, AKA JusJoJan, is a challenge to write a post every day of the month of January. To start the year off with a a blogging bang, and to meet others in the blogging community. It’s fun!
Here are the simple JusJoJan Rules:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list), counts as a “jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt every day, but that will be where you leave your link for others to see. You’ll get a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday and on Saturday, when your prompt will be the Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS, which will appear at about 9:30am Friday. Each prompt post will include the rules.
3. Please ping back or link to the daily prompt. To ping back, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! Note: A) The newest pingbacks will be at the top of the comments section. B) Ping backs only work if you’re blogging on WordPress. Everyone else must paste a link manually.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts will appear every day that’s neither a Wednesday nor a Saturday–Saturday’s JusJoJan prompt will be Stream of Consciousness Saturday. You’ll find the list of prompts below as they come in, which means I’ll be updating this post. Remember, you don’t have to use the prompts. Please write whatever inspires you. NOTE: If your post is NSFW, do not ping back. Please leave your link in the comments with a warning.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
Below, I’ll fill in the prompts as I have them, along with a link to the blog of the person who supplied the prompt if it wasn’t me.
January 1 – Resolution (me)
January 2 – Constellation (Willow @ https://willowdot21.wordpress.com)
January 3 – Solo (Dar @ https://darsword.wordpress.com/)
January 4 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 5 – Cancer (Lauren @ https://lssattitudeofgratitude.wordpress.com)
January 6 – Sweet (Ritu Bhathal @ http://www.butismileanyway.com)
January 7 – SoCS (“out of the box”)
January 8 – Friendship (JezzieG @ https://jezzieg.com/)
January 9 – Endurance (Destiny @ https://destinysdesignz.wordpress.com/)
January 10 – Periwinkle (Maggie @ https://fromcavewalls.wordpress.com/)
January 11 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 12 – Donut (Liz Husebye Hartmann @ https://valleyofthetrolls.blog/)
January 13 – Reversal (Sadje @ http://lifeafter50forwomen.wordpress.com)
January 14 – SoCS (“Once upon a time”)
January 15 – Gratitude (Carol Anne @ http://therapybits.com/)
January 16 – Optimism (June @ https://jaquintinwriter.wordpress.com/)
January 17 – Hyphenated (Sally @ https://hotdogsandmarmalade.wordpress.com/)
January 18 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 19 – Complaint (John @ http://thesoundofonehandtyping.com/)
January 20 – Phantom (Tuba @ https://tubasarwat.wordpress.com/)
January 21 – SoCS (“count on it”)
January 22 – Seasonal (Kaye @ https://kayespencer.com/blog-2/)
January 23 – Paintbrush (Paula Light @ http://lightmotifs.wordpress.com/)
January 24 – Ideal (Astrid @ https://astridetal.com/)
January 25 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 26 – Family (J-Dub @ https://jilywily.wordpress.com/)
January 27 – Amenities (Kim Smyth @ https://inkonapage.com/)
January 28 – SoCS (“throw in the towel”)
January 29 – Exercise (Wendy @ https://waffle-with-wendy.blogspot.com/)
January 30 – Canine (Dawn @ https://dawnbenedict.wordpress.com/)
January 31 – Write (me)