Friday’s here and so am I with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. Today my eyesight is blurry. I’ve figured out it’s caused by eye strain, so that’s something at least. Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “sink/sank/sunk.” Use one, use two, or use ’em all and get bonus points. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Getting Back In The Groove – SoCS – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: My Goodness It’s May 28, 2023 | Janet's Smiles
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Sink, Sank, Sunk | Darswords
Pingback: #SoCS May.27, 2023 – Sink/Sank/Sunk | But I Smile Anyway...
Pingback: Sink, Sank, Sunk, Senk, Sonk #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
May 27, 2023 at 1:36 pm
my attempt folks, enjoy https://inkdrops.blog/2023/05/27/sweet-stuff/
Pingback: SoCS 5-27-23 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: SoCS: imposter syndrome – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: 27 May: Saturday Stream of Consciousness – It's Still Life
May 27, 2023 at 11:59 am
Take care Linda. Wishing you speedy recovery. Regards, Lakshmi
Pingback: SoCS-May 27th – jaquintinwriter
Pingback: #SoCS May 27, 2023 – Mukhamani
Pingback: SoCS: What do Orcas Think About Us? | Anything is Possible!
May 27, 2023 at 9:35 am
What a lovely way to bring people together.. with your prompts and sharing wonderful creative writing… get some rest on those eyes.
Pingback: That Sinking Feeling [socs] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: Sink, Sank, Sunk – Hot Dogs and Marmalade
Pingback: SoCS: sink/sank/sunk – monicle's chronicles
Pingback: Sinking in the sink – Keep it alive
May 27, 2023 at 6:38 am
Pingback: Ocean of Inspiration – Writer Ravenclaw
Pingback: SoCS — A Sinking Feeling – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: #SOCS – sink,sank,sunk
Pingback: Sink-Sank-Sunk #SoCS 5/27/2023 Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Kaye Spencer – "Lasterday Stories"
Pingback: #SoCS ~ 5/27/23 – J-Dub's Grin and Bear It
Pingback: The Speed of Joy – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – Sink/Sank/Sunk | Fiction Favorites
May 27, 2023 at 2:05 am
Sorry to hear about your eyes Linda ..try to rest them a little 💜
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS May 27, 2023 – willowdot21
Pingback: Pete Springer Visits the Bar – SoCS – No Facilities
May 27, 2023 at 12:18 am
My post in response to this weeks stream of consciousness prompt: https://wherestoriescansparktheirmagic.wordpress.com/2023/05/26/i-could-either-sink-or-swim-in-real-life-and-my-dreams/
Pingback: I could either sink or swim in real life and my dreams | Where Stories Can Spark Their Magic
May 26, 2023 at 10:51 pm
May 26, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Go easy on those eyes. I’ve never listened to a whole book since I was a kid, but audiobooks seem to be an up can coming thing. I’m not sure how that would work with editing, but who knows? Maybe someday…. Yeah, give your eyes a rest.
May 26, 2023 at 3:19 pm
I’m late getting started, but I don’t want to miss out on those bonus points.
I hope you can get a rest from the screens and give those eyes a break.
LikeLiked by 1 person