It’s an understatement to say it’s been a crazy week. I don’t think there’s anyone in the English-speaking world who hasn’t been affected by the recent news, if for no other reason than being sick of hearing about it. It was difficult to decide, with that in mind, on a prompt for this week’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday. I considered making it completely open-ended, but then I thought of all the people who are having a hard time concentrating on anything but the news. In light of that, I’ve chosen to make the prompt something people can focus on. Focus has, these past few days, been an expensive commodity.
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “time.”
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at the prompt page in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
We have a SoCS badge now! Paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people will come and read your post! The way to ping back, is to just copy and paste the URL of my post somewhere on your post. Then your URL will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. For example, in your post you can copy and paste the following: This post is part of SoCS: https://lindaghill.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-august-1614/ The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!
Pingback: Musical Monday With a Twist | Meredith's Musings
Pingback: Second-Serving Sunday (On Monday): Time Traveler’s Edition | shanjeniah
Pingback: SoCS: My My Time Flies « Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
August 17, 2014 at 2:29 pm
I’m waiting for next Saturday to join the fun. Love SoCo writing. Happy to find your page.
August 17, 2014 at 2:30 pm
I could’ve/should’ve written about time:D. I can’t believe how occupied my time is with retirement.
August 17, 2014 at 6:17 pm
The good thing about my prompts is that they’re so completely up for interpretation that I’m sure the opportunity will come up anyway. 🙂 I’ll look forward to your first SoCS post. 😀
August 17, 2014 at 6:15 pm
Wonderful! Always happy to have new bloggers join in! 😀 Thanks, Meredith!
Pingback: Time to Think about Time | Container Chronicles
Pingback: SoCS – time management | Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SoCS – Taste of Time | inspiration in progress
Pingback: Time…SoCS Prompt | My Leaky Boat
August 16, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Hi, there Irene and me did an experiment today with your prompt and it was great fun
Pingback: Time for SoCS | Just Fooling Around With Bee
August 16, 2014 at 4:05 pm
Pingback: Time – This post is part of SoCS | irenedesign2011
Pingback: Time – SoCS | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
August 16, 2014 at 3:16 pm
Here is my creation for this week: http://silverthreading.com/2014/08/16/the-spiral-of-time/ 🙂
Pingback: The Spiral of Time | Silver Threading
Pingback: That Time Again – SoC | martha0stout
August 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm
(*smiles tiresdly*) Could not figure out what to write until I saw this. Thank you!
August 16, 2014 at 3:49 pm
You’re very welcome 🙂
Pingback: Eighteen Years In A Blink | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
August 16, 2014 at 12:38 pm
My energy is tied up with a novel so no participation this week again, but I had to mention that the logo looks awesome! It fits in seamlessly. I’m looking forward to next time I join in, whenever that will be. So many great entries to read this week, nice prompt too.
August 16, 2014 at 12:58 pm
I know what it’s like not wanting to pry myself out of my novel. Best of luck with your writing, Dominika! I’ll look forward to your next SoCS post. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Time | lindaghill
Pingback: Taking the Time – Stream of Consciousness Saturday (Time) | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: Clair de Lune brought him home | Love Happy Notes – Daily Fun and Inspiration
Pingback: SoCS: Terran Time in a Vulcan Life | shanjeniah
Pingback: Let’s do this thing! | Mindful Digressions
Pingback: Time | Rants and Runs
Pingback: Without Further Ado (And Editing) May I Present… | Myas - A Tragic Lady But No TB
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Time–You Have Been Kind to Me | People, Places, and Perspectives.
August 16, 2014 at 1:58 am
Pingback: Time moves fast (SoCS) | Traces of the Soul
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday — Time isn’t Always of the Essence | Some Kernels of Truth
Pingback: Through All Time | awomansaved
August 15, 2014 at 4:20 pm
I think I’m gonna try this! I can’t guarantee every week though…
August 16, 2014 at 12:55 pm
I’m looking forward to reading your post! 🙂
August 16, 2014 at 12:56 pm
I ran out of time 😦
August 16, 2014 at 12:56 pm
Lol…. Perhaps that can be my post :p
August 16, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Ha! Funny 😀
I get both early (Friday) and late (anywhere from Sunday to Wednesday) posts come in every week. If you get time go ahead anyway. 🙂