Friday’s here again and time to get ready for Stream of Consciousness Saturday. I have a list which I keep adding to every time I get an idea for a prompt. Strangely, the list keeps getting longer – I never seem to use it. And you know what? This week is no exception. So I present to you once again, your unlisted prompt for SoCS!
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “naught/knot/not.” Use one, use ’em all… you know the drill! Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!
April 4, 2015 at 3:13 pm
whoops, entered the wrong day. Have to go back and ping for today!
Pingback: Not Knowing… | On Writing,Reading and Other La-de-da
March 30, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Pingback: Getting my tummy in knots (SoCS) | Traces of the Soul
Pingback: SoCS | Today is Saturday Right? NOT!! | What's Rattling My Cage
Pingback: STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS SATURDAY: A knotty problem | The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: The drawstring theory…SoCS Prompt… | My Leaky Boat
Pingback: Not A Lick Of Sense | Myas Writes
Pingback: SoCS – Naught, Knot, It’s all not true… | Box the Stars
March 28, 2015 at 3:37 pm
Pingback: THE KNOT. | They, You and Me
March 28, 2015 at 2:49 pm
We have a new participant this week! Check out her post!
Pingback: SoCS – Tying the Knot or Not? | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: Not for naught | Mindful Digressions
March 28, 2015 at 1:15 pm
Here are two more SoCS posts!
From ladylee: https://ladyleemanila.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/life-is-a-flow-digression/
And Joey: http://jolenemottern.com/2015/03/28/not-as-bad-as-i-used-to-be/
Pingback: SoCS: Untwist Your Balls | Nortina Mariela
Pingback: Naught/knot/not – this post is part of SoCS | IreneDesign2011
Pingback: SoCS — Do Not | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
Pingback: SoCs: All for Naught a Nonet | willowdot21
Pingback: NO Mo’! A | sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Knots Are Not My Strength, But, With Perseverance….. | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Blogoholics Anonymous | Golden Daze
Pingback: SoCS – Not Knowing | lindaghill
Pingback: SoCS: Girl Scouts – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: SoCS: Knot again! | Books, Music, Photography, & Movies
Pingback: Not for Naught | Pavorisms
Pingback: Flash Fiction – A list of the things I’m not (SOCS) | fabricating fiction
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Naught/Knot/Not | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: SoCs: Logic and Discord | shanjeniah
Pingback: Joy To The World and Peace | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
March 27, 2015 at 8:01 pm
Hi Linda here are my thoughts:
Pingback: SoCS March 28/15 – “naught/knot/not.” | Morpethroad
Pingback: Not Without Hope | An Armchair Perfectionist
March 27, 2015 at 2:23 pm
LikeLiked by 1 person