Friday! We should write a jingle just for Friday to attach to our alarm clocks so we know without a doubt it’s here when we wake up. Because Friday means it’s time for your Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt! Here it is:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “mind.” Use it any way you think to. Have fun!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here at this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use the SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: The host with the most… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.(Archive)
Pingback: SoCS I; Mind – WTF? Just SoCS
Pingback: Mustard | Golden Daze
Pingback: Mind/Green-Eyed Monster ~ Out of Options | A Word Adventure
Pingback: Changing My Mind for SoCS | shanjeniah's Lovely Chaos
Pingback: In My Mind’s Eye, #SoCS | Her Headache
Pingback: SoCS — L’Esprit | Forty, c'est Fantastique !
August 22, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Whew I made it through all of them I think! Great posts this week. Hope your eyes get better Linda. Rest up.
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Mind | willowdot21
Pingback: Mind my eggshells… | My Leaky BoatMy Leaky Boat
Pingback: Green Eyed Mind | Riley Central
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: The host with the most… | Diary of an Internet Nobody.
Pingback: Mind – a four letter word… | I Just Have to Say...
Pingback: SoCS I; Mind | wtf Am I On About Now?
Pingback: SoCS – The Fantastic, Terrible, Magical Mind | This Thing Called Life One Word at a Time
Pingback: SoCS – All in my Head | lindaghill
August 22, 2015 at 11:12 am
Okay first time out with your SoCS: http://zenkatwrites.com/2015/08/22/stream-of-consciousness-saturday-mind/ I don’t see a place to link up, tho — like a linky thang . . . I’ll get the hang of it! Thank Dan Antion for me!
August 22, 2015 at 11:27 am
Wonderful! I’ll be around later to read. Thanks very much for joining in! 😀
By the way, all you have to do to get the link to show up here in the comments as a pingback is copy and paste the url for this post somewhere in yours. But this works too. 🙂
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Mind | Zenkatwrites's Blog
Pingback: Do You MIND? | sixty, single and surviving
Pingback: Mind over Matter: Things I Didn’t Learn in College | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: Random Bits of My Mind | Golden Daze
Pingback: The Brain and the Mind #socs | The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: The Weekly Re-Motivator: Mind Over Mind | Accidentally Inspired
Pingback: SoCS: Top of JC’s Mind – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Would You Mind? | No Facilities
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt “Mind” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: SOCS-Mind Meld | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday 22/08/2015 #SoCS | Keith Kreates
Pingback: Losing my mind | Traces of the Soul
August 21, 2015 at 9:10 pm
Hi Linda! I have the right mind to share my link. 🙂
August 21, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Good weekend to you Linda.
Pingback: SoCS August 22/15 – Mind | Morpethroad
August 21, 2015 at 12:05 pm
Don’t MIND if I do.
Yeah, cheesy, I know.
August 21, 2015 at 12:49 pm
Excellent! And I love cheese! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: #SoCS August 22/15 – “mind” | ladyleemanila
August 21, 2015 at 7:19 am
I shall be mindful of this once ! xxx
August 21, 2015 at 7:25 am
LikeLiked by 1 person