Yes, I’ve decided to launch another prompt. This one isn’t just for the blog, in fact I urge you to do it on Twitter, if you have one, or Facebook, or here on WordPress or Blogger or whatever you use. The one thing that will connect us is this: #tuesdayuseitinasentence. I’m doing this as an experiment of sorts, to see how well a hashtag can drum up views and connections between platforms, so please bear with me as I figure this out as I go along.
This is how you can join in:
Write a sentence using the word of the week. Make it as creative as you can. You can add to it, for instance this week’s word is “demonstrate,” but you can use “demonstration” in your sentence. In other words, the word of the week is flexible. So you can do something like this:
“In a grand display of explosive writing, she demonstrated the most brilliant sentence of her life.”
“My entire life is a demonstration of tact mixed with tired tension and tepid to torrid tales.”
OR, you can add a picture:
“Me, demonstrating how I feel when I get a new book from Amazon in the mail:”
OR you can even make up your own definition:
“Demonstrate: a mythical monster who is not gay. Demonstrate.”
Note: This post with multiple sentences is for demonstration purposes only. Please stick to one sentence per post.
So here are the rules:
- Make a sentence with the word of the week.
- Try to do it on Tuesday.
- Include the hashtag #tuesdayuseitinasentence somewhere in the post.
- Post it on Twitter and/or Facebook (if you have a public site) and/or Pinterest and/or WordPress and/or any other social media site you belong to.
- Participate as many times as you’d like. You can write a different sentence for each platform, but please keep it to one sentence per post.
- I will be trolling Twitter for the hashtag, so watch my Twitter feed in the sidebar for retweets. Make sure to connect on Twitter with other participants!
- If you post your sentence here on WordPress or on any other site where there’s a clickable link, include the link in the comment section for this week.
- Google #tuesdayuseitinasentence to find other participants! The more you connect, the bigger it gets and the more views and followers you’ll have.
- Have fun!
If you have any suggestions on how to make this a better prompt (i.e. rules I haven’t thought of, making it easier to follow) please let me know in the comments.
What are you waiting for? Make up a sentence and join in!