Gah! I hate trying to write about myself. Which is strange, considering that’s basically what this blog is about.
But that’s not entirely true. The bulk of what makes up this blog is how I react to things that happen around me. How I feel about things doesn’t necessarily state directly who I am, though it gives insight into who I am. It would be so much easier to write a bio if all I had to do was write about how I dealt with someone who was rude to me. Or how I managed to get through a day with my kids.
The question “who are you?” is difficult to answer because none of us are just one thing. “Self” is a complex entity, always changing, always growing. Who we are depends on what we experience and how we age. What we do with our “self” depends on circumstances both of our own choosing and of completely random situations and also, where we come from.
Putting all that in a single biography, on a blog or on the cover of a book, isn’t easy.
That took a bit of a philosophical turn, didn’t it?
The prompt word, “self,” for today’s post is brought to you by the fabulous Ritu! Thanks, Ritu! To find her bio, click here. It’s a good one!
Hello again, and welcome to your daily Just Jot it January prompt. I’ve had a lovely, quiet Monday and I’m looking forward to the same for the rest of the week–if only we don’t have a snow day. Freezing rain in the forcast!
If you’d like a peek at the upcoming prompts, check the “Rules” post HERE. The list is at the bottom of the post. I’ll have the rest of the spaces on the list filled in soon. Meanwhile, here’s your prompt for Just Jot it January, Tuesday, January 8th:
Your prompt for JusJoJan 2019, January 8th is brought to you by Ritu! Click here to find her last post and say hi while you’re there! Ritu’s word for our prompt today is “self.” Use it anywhere in your post or make it the theme of your post. Have fun!
Here are the rules:
1. Please be sure to link back to THIS POST for January 8th, 2019.
2. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
3. I’ll post prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt every day, but that will be where you leave your link for others to see. You’ll get a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday and on Saturday, when your prompt will be the Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS, which will appear at about 9:30am Friday. Each prompt post will include the rules. To ping back, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! Note: The newest pingbacks will be at the top of the comments section.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts will appear every day that’s neither a Wednesday nor a Saturday–Saturday’s JusJoJan prompt will be Stream of Consciousness Saturday. You’ll find the list of prompts below. Remember, you don’t have to use the prompts. Please write whatever inspires you. NOTE: Please state either in your title or very early on in your post if it’s NSFW.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.