Hello there! It’s time once again to ask you for prompt words to help us finish off Just Jot it January. This is your chance to inspire other people and have your blog linked back on the day of your prompt.
This is the second of two parts. I’m only asking for 8 prompt words today–if you had your prompt word used in the last two weeks, you don’t qualify for this round. First timers only please!
I need 8 single words to use in the Just Jot It January challenge, for January 20th through to the 29th. I’ll post the prompt for the final day. Read the rules carefully! This is how you can be included:
The first 8 comments on this post that include a single word will be the prompts for the last two weeks in January that I won’t be writing my own prompts (aka One-Liner Wednesday and Stream of Consciousness Saturday). If you write more than one word in your comment, for example, “My word is antidisestablishmentarianism,” I’ll ignore it. Same thing if you try to slip in two, even in two different comments–I’ll only accept the first. If I get the same word twice, I’ll only accept the first person who got to it. If you’re the second, feel free to try again. And please, remember this is a relatively G-rated blog, so nothing too risque.
I’ll link back to the blog of whomever gives me a prompt on the day I use it.
Make sure you get your comment in early. You don’t want to miss out!
Please don’t bother entering a prompt if your blog is inactive or if it exists only to sell things. If you haven’t posted in over a month and you’re only looking for clicks, your prompt word will be rejected. If, on the other hand, you’re planning to use JusJoJan to inspire you to get back into the swing of things, let me know immediately in a second comment — NOT the one you give your prompt word in. Remember, that’s ONE word only. If I can’t find a reasonable number of posts written in the last month that aren’t trying to sell a product, your prompt word will be rejected.
I observed a couple of years ago that many of our prompt words were negative in nature. I found they didn’t do as well as the more positive words. I don’t want to limit you, but please keep in mind that if your word is on the sadder or angrier side, your prompt may not get as much participation.
If you provide a prompt, I encourage you to join in as much as possible throughout the rest of the month.
Edit: We have all our prompt words! I’ll turn off the commenting on this post now. Please check the above link for the prompt list. I’ll finish filling it in in a bit. Thanks to all our contributors this year!!
Hello, and welcome to your daily Just Jot it January prompt! I’m off on an adventure to a different hospital today, but I’ll be around later in the afternoon.
If you’d like a peek at the upcoming prompts, check the “Rules” post HERE. The list is at the bottom of the post. The post to request the prompts for the rest of the month will appear today–keep an eye out! I’ll fill in the rest of the spaces on the list when I have them. Meanwhile, here’s your prompt for Just Jot it January, Thursday January 17th:
Your prompt for JusJoJan 2019, January 17th is brought to you by John Holton! Click here to find his last post and say hi while you’re there! John’s word for our prompt today is “inch.” Use it anywhere in your post or make it the theme of your post. Have fun!
Here are the rules:
1. Please be sure to link back to THIS POST for January 17th, 2019.
2. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
3. I’ll post prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt every day, but that will be where you leave your link for others to see. You’ll get a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday and on Saturday, when your prompt will be the Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS, which will appear at about 9:30am Friday. Each prompt post will include the rules. To ping back, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! Note: The newest pingbacks will be at the top of the comments section.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts will appear every day that’s neither a Wednesday nor a Saturday–Saturday’s JusJoJan prompt will be Stream of Consciousness Saturday. You’ll find the list of prompts below. Remember, you don’t have to use the prompts. Please write whatever inspires you. NOTE: Please state either in your title or very early on in your post if it’s NSFW.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.