Welcome to the sixth annual Just Jot it January challenge!
I began JusJoJan in 2014 for the simple reason that I wanted an excuse to push myself to write a post every day of the month. From there it grew to a challenge for many others to start their year off writing, to give us all a boost, and not least of all, to help us find our community here at WordPress. In the past few years we’ve had people join us from other platforms and from their own self-hosted sites. It’s been an amazing run, and one I hope to keep up for years to come.
So, what is Just Jot it January? The rules explain it all:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt every day, but that will be where you leave your link for others to see. You’ll get a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday and on Saturday, when your prompt will be the Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS, which will appear at about 9:30am Friday. Each prompt post will include the rules. To ping back, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! Note: The newest pingbacks will be at the top of the comments section.
3. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
4. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
5. The prompts will appear every day that’s neither a Wednesday nor a Saturday–Saturday’s JusJoJan prompt will be Stream of Consciousness Saturday. You’ll find the list of prompts below. Remember, you don’t have to use the prompts. Please write whatever inspires you.
6. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
7. Have fun!
I’ll fill in the prompts as I have them, along with a link to the blog of the person who supplied the prompt:
January 1 – Write about 2018, your plans for 2019, or anything you’d like
January 2 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 3 – “Your blog”
January 4 – “Enigmatic” by Virgobeauty
January 5 – SoCS – “sap/sep/sip/sop/sup”
January 6 – “Master” by Sadje
January 7 – “Memento” by Tara
January 8 – “Self” by Ritu
January 9 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 10 – “Sunrise” by Toortsie
January 11 – “Flew/flu/flue” by M. Oniker
January 12 – SoCS – “art”
January 13 – “Undiscovered” by Teresa
January 14 – “Reflection” by Janet
January 15 – “Paris” by Kelli
January 16 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 17 – “Inch” by John Holton
January 18 – “Companionship” by Di
January 19 – SoCS – “television”
January 20 – “Serendipity” by Jill
January 21 – “Echo” by Lady Lee
January 22 – “Curiosity” by Pamela
January 23 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 24 – “Zoomie” by Bee
January 25 – “Balance” by JP
January 26 – SoCS –
January 27 – “Cathartic” by Enthralling Journey
January 28 – “Testify” by Dan
January 29 – “Dirty” by Jim
January 30 – One-Liner Wednesday
January 31 – Your favorite thing/part of last month and/or last year.