Friday is here and so am I with your Stream of Consciousness Saturday post! I’m doing a rare repeat prompt this week, just because. It’s been five and a half years since you’ve had this prompt, though, so you might not remember what you wrote. Here it is:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “jour.” Find a word containing “jour” or use it as is. Bonus points if you start or end your post with that word. Enjoy!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Pingback: #SoCS: What a day! (rinse, repeat) - Janet Alcorn
November 14, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Pingback: SoCS – “jour” – Gratitude Journal – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: #SoCS Nov. 7/2020 – Mukhamani
Pingback: SoCS: Nov. 7th – jaquintinwriter
Pingback: SoCS~ My Journal – Margret's Life Journey
Pingback: Jour De joie – Beyond Thought
Pingback: The Competition – Debbie Gravett
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness–Jour | Darswords
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday – jour | teleportingweena
Pingback: Long and Strange #SoCS | Her Headache
Pingback: The Journey – Stream Of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS | Jeanne Owens, author
Pingback: Nifty November – 2020 #SoCS | Janet's Smiles
November 7, 2020 at 2:33 pm
Today was the day!
November 7, 2020 at 1:41 pm
[…] The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 7/2020 […]
Pingback: The Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS Nov. 7/2020-please God let my bed, and pillow just be a sojourn for me… – Weirds Are Word
Pingback: I need a ‘safe’! – Live Love Laugh Learn
Pingback: Daily Journaling: SoCS | revivedwriter
Pingback: #SoCS: What a day! (rinse, repeat) – Janet Crum
Pingback: SoCS 11-7-20 – The Bag Lady
Pingback: Aujourd’hui – Leaking Ink
Pingback: Journey to the Center of the Earth – A Unique Title For Me
November 7, 2020 at 9:49 am
My entry – https://transitionofthoughts.com/2020/11/07/bubbly-personality/
Pingback: SoCS – Jour – From Cave Walls
November 7, 2020 at 9:28 am
Pingback: SoCS: Bonjour to the Journey | Anything is Possible!
Pingback: SoCS: journalists – Top of JC's Mind
Pingback: Stream Of Consciousnesses Saturday – Keep it alive
November 7, 2020 at 7:54 am
cheers for the prompt – here’s my effort – https://inkdrops.blog/2020/11/07/journal/
Pingback: TOO MANY SYLLABLES – #SoCS – defying atrophy
Pingback: Hush now – Family Matters
Pingback: Planning Until 2019 – bernmusings
Pingback: SoCS — French Cooking – This, That, and The Other
Pingback: SoCS: An Addition to the Menu | Mary J Melange
Pingback: Journal #SoCS – A Multitude of Musings
Pingback: Steam of Consciousness Saturday – Prompt – “Jour” | Fiction Favorites
Pingback: Voyager and Me Again – #SoCS – No Facilities
Pingback: #SoCS for 11/7/20 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Outcome Adjourned – Ruth Blogs Here
Pingback: What Is The Soup Du Jour? #socs – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: Hope Du Jour | Notes Tied On The Sagebrush
Pingback: SoCS – pardonne moi, je suis américain – Riddle from the Middle
Pingback: Stream of Consciousness Saturday: Jour. | willowdot21
November 6, 2020 at 12:42 pm
I never understood how restaurants continue to stay open by having ‘soup du jour’ – I’ve never found ‘jour’ in the grocery aisles and if I don’t know what’s in it, I ain’t eating it, much less paying for it….. :D. (Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Perhaps, afterall, jour is to be found in the hidden aisle that contains ‘scratch’ as in, “cooking from scratch – 😀 ) purely posted to make you laugh – at me, if necessary! 😀
November 6, 2020 at 9:56 am
Thanks for the prompt Linda. See you tomorrow from the bar.
LikeLiked by 2 people